Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R800 print options not available  (Read 2699 times)

Pelao

R800 print options not available
« on: March 21, 2009, 11:35:20 am »

Hi

I am new to LR.

It runs fine (great app). There is one frustrating problem...

I have an Epson R800. When I try to print the print options are not available. Specifically, in the drop down options box, the following items are not just greyed out, they actually have lines through them:

Print Setting
Color Management
Print Option
Extension Setting

See the attached image for a screen capture - it says to contact Epson, but I can't find anything relevant on their site.

The same options are available for other apps, so this appears to be a LR issue.

Can anyone help?

I am running a MBP with OS X 10.5

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:43:05 am by Pelao »

francois

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:46:20 am »

Quote from: Pelao
Hi

I am new to LR.

I have an Epson R800. When I try to print the print options are not available. Specifically, in the drop down options box, the following items are not just greyed out, they actually have lines through them:

Print Setting
Color Management
Print Option
Extension Setting

See the attached image for a screen capture - it says to contact Epson, but I can't find anything relevant on their site.

The same options are available for other apps, so this appears to be a LR issue.

Can anyone help?

Read this discussion on the Adobe forum: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b63135?14

I'm not sure it will be helpful…
Francois

Pelao

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 04:25:26 pm »

Thanks Francois,

That link was the same issue. It turns out that my R800 cannot print with all options when LR is in 64-bit mode.

So that's fixed. Now I just have to figure out why my prints are so incredibly dark...

Thanks again.

francois

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 03:22:02 am »

Thanks Francois,

That link was the same issue. It turns out that my R800 cannot print with all options when LR is in 64-bit mode.

So that's fixed. Now I just have to figure out why my prints are so incredibly dark...

Thanks again.
I'm not 100% sure but I believe that printing in 64-bit mode is only possible with the latest printers/drivers.

Try to google for something like Lightroom Epson R800 dark prints and you'll find a truckload of users who have posted about this issue.
Francois

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 10:55:35 pm »

Hi

I am new to LR.

Print Setting
Color Management
Print Option
Extension Setting

Can anyone help?

It is possible to print when running LR as a 64bit application you just can't get to your printer driver settings.  Just save your print setting in another application (32bit) and the choose those print setting in the print dialogs from LR.

I have been printing this way for a while now and have not seen any problems when printing from LR running as a 64bit app.

Doyle

francois

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 06:12:00 am »

Quote from: DYP
It is possible to print when running LR as a 64bit application you just can't get to your printer driver settings.  Just save your print setting in another application (32bit) and the choose those print setting in the print dialogs from LR.

I have been printing this way for a while now and have not seen any problems when printing from LR running as a 64bit app.

Doyle
Thanks for the tip. I've always reverted to 32-bit for printing.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up