Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P'shop layers with unexpected transparency  (Read 1411 times)

CBarrett

P'shop layers with unexpected transparency
« on: March 20, 2009, 07:30:27 pm »

Ok.  I'm freaking out.  Here's the deal.  I selected a small section of my background layer with the marquee, copied it and pasted it (creating a new layer).  The layer is set to normal with 100% opacity and fill.  Yet, it is slightly transparent.  When I move it around I can see elements of the background layer behind it.

CS 4 Mac.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

Eyeball

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 06:02:34 am »

Well, first the obvious: does the background layer have transparency?  I am not questioning if the background opacity and fill is at 100%, I am asking if the background layer has transparency.  You could check this by creating a solid color layer and then duplicating the background layer and moving it over the dupe.  Does color show through?

Second obvious question: did you perhaps activate a blend mode by accident?  Some blend modes like Lighten and Darken could give the impression of partial transparency.

If those are not the problems, I would maybe start thinking that you may have one of those weird OpenGL/video card glitches.  Try turning off the OpenGL Drawing in Edit>Preferences>Performance.  If that fixes it but you want to try to keep the OpenGL functionality, check to see if there is an updated driver for your video card.  That might help.

tived

• http://
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:19:19 am »

Did you have any feather on your selection?

Henrik
Pages: [1]   Go Up