Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you still accept 20%?  (Read 6141 times)

ziocan

Do you still accept 20%?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 09:43:19 pm »

Quote from: dandeliondigital
I have a few comments:

"There ought to be a law!" And there is for "architects and lawyers," and also many, many other regulated professions.

Be careful what you wish for. You might get it, because at that point I think you can kiss your creativity good-bye. Regulations and creativity do not mix. If you aren't creative, and lack negotiation skills, you should probably work at that drugstore.
One of my earliest employers used to say: "you're only as good as your last job." This applies to "reals or wanabees."
It does not seems to me that lawyers or architects lack of creativity. Let's do not confuse what it may seems, to a "creative of your caliber", a boring job, but architect and lawyers are quite creative jobs. just because they do not deal with models all day long (normally lawyers do that at night), it doe not mean that they are not being creative or it is boring.
As for the job at the drugstore I will give it a thought, but at the moment I can still get paid what I think is fair to me, which it is more than the majority of photographers I come across, and I live and work in NY.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up