Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad adobe support  (Read 6287 times)

kaimaui

• http://
Hasselblad adobe support
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 02:00:36 pm »

Quote from: eronald
-Is there a reason why Adobe will not support Hasselblad files?

-Them won't because them're idiots!

-Them who?

Edmund

I started this tread mostly out of curiosity as i wanted to find out if there was some impediment to adobe supporting Hasselbald files.
I was not supposed to be a Jab at Hasselblad or Adobe.
It appears that there may be a chance of some support in the future which would be great.
In the meantime I reinstalled flex color on my computer and am using that to generate DNG files to use with Lightroom.
A lot faster then going trough Phocus.
A note to David and Hasselbalad. I have always had good service from their technical support. I had a sensor problem a while back and it was handled in a very professional and timely manner.

Thanks
KAI

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Hasselblad adobe support
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 03:11:00 am »

Quote from: kaimaui
I started this tread mostly out of curiosity as i wanted to find out if there was some impediment to adobe supporting Hasselbald files.
I was not supposed to be a Jab at Hasselblad or Adobe.
It appears that there may be a chance of some support in the future which would be great.
In the meantime I reinstalled flex color on my computer and am using that to generate DNG files to use with Lightroom.
A lot faster then going trough Phocus.
A note to David and Hasselbalad. I have always had good service from their technical support. I had a sensor problem a while back and it was handled in a very professional and timely manner.

Thanks
KAI

Hey Kai,

Well there certainly is no impediment, but working with large corporations always takes time.

Just worth noting, in the next release of Phocus you will be able to go very quickly from 3FR to DNG if that is your desire.  So you will be able to wipe that install of FlexColor again.  ;-)

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Peter Walker

• http://www.peterwalker.com
Hasselblad adobe support
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 10:17:48 pm »

Quote from: kaimaui
Is there a legal reason why there is no support for Hasselblad raw files by adobe.

In my limited experience, I found that I got better results using the camera manufacturer's own image edit software to do the image capture and conversion and then export into a generic format like TIFF to be opened in PhotoShop for further editing.  I assume that the manufacturer's edit software knows more about the nuances of the format.  This was definitely the case with my underwater Olympus E330 and ORF.

In the case of Phocus, you get the added advantage of checking the firmware and synchronising the camera's internal clock.

Regards
Peter
http://www.peterwalker.com

Hasselblad H4D, 100mm, 28mm
Hasselblad 205FCC, FE50, FE110, CFV

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Hasselblad adobe support
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 03:31:27 am »

Quote from: Peter Walker
In my limited experience, I found that I got better results using the camera manufacturer's own image edit software to do the image capture and conversion and then export into a generic format like TIFF to be opened in PhotoShop for further editing.  I assume that the manufacturer's edit software knows more about the nuances of the format.  This was definitely the case with my underwater Olympus E330 and ORF.

In the case of Phocus, you get the added advantage of checking the firmware and synchronising the camera's internal clock.

Regards
Peter

Correct; however some people prefer the one-size-fits-all workflow and ergonomics. I guess using Lightroom for Raw conversion over the manufacturer software is like using a point and shoot instead of a heavy MF camera when flexibility is preferred over quality

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up