Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prague-bench  (Read 2157 times)

crackennz

prague-bench
« on: March 18, 2009, 11:00:55 pm »

Hi,

Just wondering what people think of this shot>

It really was more of a snapshot when i took it but I love it and have since framed it.

dalethorn

prague-bench
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 06:27:39 pm »

Quote from: crackennz
Hi,
Just wondering what people think of this shot>
It really was more of a snapshot when i took it but I love it and have since framed it.

Great color and composition. If I could be just a teenie bit picky, I would like to see just a bit more of the bench top. Actually the effect I'm seeing is probably a limitation of the monitor I'm viewing on - the print probably makes the bench stand out more clearly.

patrick love

• My Travel Blog
prague-bench
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 02:59:39 am »

I love it that it says Prague on the wall.  
You might like to have a look at the pictures of Prague on my website.
www.patricklovephotography.com

John R

prague-bench
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 05:27:24 pm »

Very nice, has European flavour to it. By that I mean the pastel like colours and fine spectral light that is not brash. Like the film days when many European photographers were known for and chose Agfachrome for its softer and more realistic colour renditions.

JMR
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:09:40 pm by John R »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
prague-bench
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 07:56:29 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
Great color and composition. If I could be just a teenie bit picky, I would like to see just a bit more of the bench top. Actually the effect I'm seeing is probably a limitation of the monitor I'm viewing on - the print probably makes the bench stand out more clearly.

I agree. The bench needs to come up on the wall so there's contrast in the background. The cobblestones and the bench top are too close to the same color and the lateral line of the bench is directly over the lateral line of the bottom of the wall. The bench gets lost. Really good try, though. As Dale said the color is excellent. Were the cobblestones actually purple? If not, you might try clicking a cobblestone with the middle-gray dropper in curves or levels and see if that separates the bench top from the stones.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:59:41 pm by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

crackennz

prague-bench
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 11:51:53 pm »

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.
To be honest I can't remember if the cobblestones were purplish or not but I think they were close to that colour, might have been the light on the day?

Wish I had taken my time a bit more with the shot as it is slightly blurry by the bench legs but as I said, I was just strolling past and snapped it. Would have gone back with my tripod and properly given it a go had I known it was going to be a "framer"

Was only very new to photography at the time and wasn't thinking of light/correct exposure/aperture/shutter speed and composition unfortunately.

Ta again
Pages: [1]   Go Up