Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: different paper types for colour or b&w  (Read 1681 times)

crackennz

different paper types for colour or b&w
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:51:43 pm »

Hi,

I have a canon pro9500 printer and just wondering if anyone else has this and can recommend papers that they like specifically for black and white prints and if they use the same paper for colour printing or a separate type which is better suited to colour.

I currently use hahnemuhle 350gm museum etching and canon 350gm museum etching.

Now because hahnemuhle supposedly designed/make the canon museum etching paper, does this make the two papers exactly the same? Have tried emailling both companies with no luck so if anyone has any info on this it is appreciated.

I would like to try the bartya paper but over here in NZ it is very expensive and none are in any of the trial packs.

Anyway thanks for any help and pointers.....

Cheers
crackennz

Grantnz

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 03:55:15 pm »

Quote from: crackennz
Hi,

I have a canon pro9500 printer and just wondering if anyone else has this and can recommend papers that they like specifically for black and white prints and if they use the same paper for colour printing or a separate type which is better suited to colour.

I currently use hahnemuhle 350gm museum etching and canon 350gm museum etching.

Now because hahnemuhle supposedly designed/make the canon museum etching paper, does this make the two papers exactly the same? Have tried emailling both companies with no luck so if anyone has any info on this it is appreciated.

I would like to try the bartya paper but over here in NZ it is very expensive and none are in any of the trial packs.

Anyway thanks for any help and pointers.....

Cheers
crackennz

Grantnz

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:58:24 pm »

Hahnemuhle manufacture the Museum Etching product. As the Hahnemuhle distributor in NZ we can sort this product for you and let you have a sample of Baryta if you still require. Please contact me if I can be of help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up