Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flexcolor: how do you change output profile  (Read 2088 times)

tmx3

Flexcolor: how do you change output profile
« on: March 18, 2009, 06:03:08 pm »

I've been playing around with flexcolor to try and get a more in depth understanding of the convertor, as a couple of photographers I work for use it. However i am finding it impossible to process in anything other than RGB unless i apply a default (say cmyk) setup. Could someone possibly explain to me how you would create a setup that actually works when i modify the fff, its driving me nuts! Many, many thanks

Nick-T

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 06:37:27 pm »

Quote from: tmx3
I've been playing around with flexcolor to try and get a more in depth understanding of the convertor, as a couple of photographers I work for use it. However i am finding it impossible to process in anything other than RGB unless i apply a default (say cmyk) setup. Could someone possibly explain to me how you would create a setup that actually works when i modify the fff, its driving me nuts! Many, many thanks
It's been awhile since I've used Flexcolour..

Hit Cmnd "U" to bring up the "setup" window. There you can create a new setup go through the tabs and make a bunch of changes (including output profile) then hit save. Now in the "Scratchpad" (folder of images) select a bunch of images and hit the "modify" button to apply that setup to those files..
Make sense?
Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

tmx3

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:07:00 pm »

Quote from: Nick-T
It's been awhile since I've used Flexcolour..

Hit Cmnd "U" to bring up the "setup" window. There you can create a new setup go through the tabs and make a bunch of changes (including output profile) then hit save. Now in the "Scratchpad" (folder of images) select a bunch of images and hit the "modify" button to apply that setup to those files..
Make sense?
Nick-T

Hi Nick, thanks for responding.  However this a good overview of what I am doing already. (except i have put the fffs into a folder I have created  myself rather than the scratchpad, but i can't see this being the problem). When I do an apple+I on the fff in flexcolor and go to history I can see a bunch of setups I have created except STD RGB embeded has a tick by it rather than by the one I have applied.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:07:24 pm by tmx3 »

Nick-T

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 07:21:35 pm »

Quote from: tmx3
Hi Nick, thanks for responding.  However this a good overview of what I am doing already. (except i have put the fffs into a folder I have created  myself rather than the scratchpad, but i can't see this being the problem). When I do an apple+I on the fff in flexcolor and go to history I can see a bunch of setups I have created except STD RGB embeded has a tick by it rather than by the one I have applied.

Ahh O.K
Sounds like you are "adding" a setup rather than making it a default.. let me fire up Flexcolour and post a screenshot.

Nick-T

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 07:24:55 pm »

Ahh O.K
Sounds like you are "adding" a setup rather than making it a default.. let me fire up Flexcolour and post a screenshot.

This help?
[attachment=12253:Picture_1.png]

tmx3

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 05:40:49 am »

This help?
[attachment=12253:Picture_1.png]

Yes, and I was failing to save the setup properly in the first instance. thanks for yr help
Pages: [1]   Go Up