Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP z3100 - best fabric for this use  (Read 1400 times)

Roscolo

HP z3100 - best fabric for this use
« on: March 17, 2009, 03:03:38 pm »

I'm looking to print on some fabric to use as a room divider - long 24"-36" fabric strips that hang from a track in the ceiling so they can slide and are weighted on the bottom to keep them straight.

Curious what the best fabric would be for this use. Canvas would be opaque, but I'm curious if there is something that is maybe partially translucent. I haven't used HP Satin Silk fabric or the HP flag fabric. Anyone used these that can comment on their translucency and use for my proposed purpose? Or any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 03:56:41 pm »

Quote from: Roscolo
I'm looking to print on some fabric to use as a room divider - long 24"-36" fabric strips that hang from a track in the ceiling so they can slide and are weighted on the bottom to keep them straight.

Curious what the best fabric would be for this use. Canvas would be opaque, but I'm curious if there is something that is maybe partially translucent. I haven't used HP Satin Silk fabric or the HP flag fabric. Anyone used these that can comment on their translucency and use for my proposed purpose? Or any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks

Try the 3p material from Lexjet. They have several types that may work for you, and they vary in thickness and opacity. As a general rule, the more sheer a material is, the less density you can build on it. In the 3p line, some of the more thin materials will be supplied to you with a backer attached. This keep the ink from passing through the material onto your platen and rollers. After printing, you can peel it off and toss it.
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum

Roscolo

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 04:44:35 pm »

Thanks. Checked out some of the LexJet 3p products. I don't see any way to order samples, but in looking at the descriptions, looks like the Lexjet Country Cotton may be what I'm looking for.

Anyone ever use Lexjet Country Cotton with a z3100?

Pages: [1]   Go Up