Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moire Effect and EOS-1Ds  (Read 2466 times)

Marshal

Moire Effect and EOS-1Ds
« on: September 27, 2002, 02:14:56 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']To Michael and others:

In looking over examples of the moire effect in a few of the 1Ds pics, it occurred to me the problem could probably be easily fixed with the Moire Reduction Actions that Fred Miranda offers at www.fredmiranda.com .

Most of his actions don't cost very much and can be ordered and downloaded quickly and conveniently. There is a custom MR action for the 1D and also one that's more generic. It's probable that one of those will work for the 1Ds. And he'll probably even make a custom one for that camera once those cameras start selling and become more widely available. I have a hunch that the version I have for the D1X would probably even work on a Canon image to some extent.

The best thing to do with a moire plagued photo is not to apply the action to the entire photo, since it can mess up your color in some areas, but to select the area with the moire problem, feather and then apply the action. It's best to make a snapshot of your image in PS just before you apply the action because the MR action contains  a lot of steps. Either make a snapshot or save the image as is before applying the action.[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up