Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All-in-one printer  (Read 3203 times)

pco98

All-in-one printer
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:20:46 pm »

Hello all,

I am into photography as an enthusiast but so far have not explored the printing at home option. For my most important prints I'll still go to a lab so it's more as a hobby/gain experience of printing at home, calibration.

I live in a shared flat and with wireless broadband and at the moment we have no printers or scanners, hence at this stage I am just looking for an all-in-one but I don't mind paying for a higher end version - particularly for good quality prints. Individual ink cartridges preference too.

I'm also thinking of Epson to narrow it down (but am open to other suggestions)

Thanks for any advice,

Ross

dct123

• http://www.dctomick.com
All-in-one printer
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 04:11:06 pm »

Quote from: pco98
Hello all,

I am into photography as an enthusiast but so far have not explored the printing at home option. For my most important prints I'll still go to a lab so it's more as a hobby/gain experience of printing at home, calibration.

I live in a shared flat and with wireless broadband and at the moment we have no printers or scanners, hence at this stage I am just looking for an all-in-one but I don't mind paying for a higher end version - particularly for good quality prints. Individual ink cartridges preference too.

I'm also thinking of Epson to narrow it down (but am open to other suggestions)

Thanks for any advice,

Ross

The term fine art and all-in-one-printer don't really go together, and I see from your website that you intend to sell "Fine Art Prints." Printing your own photos instead of using a lab might very well pay for a good quality printer in a short time if you do any quantity of printing. Plus, you will have the added advantage of more creative control over the appearance of your work. In your situation I would purchase a scanner and a separate printer. Both HP and Epson make good inexpensive medium format (13x19) printers and Epson makes excellent scanners. You can connect them both to a hub at your wireless modem and use the scanner like a copy machine.

Hope this helps you.

pco98

All-in-one printer
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 04:28:48 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion - will look into that.

Don't read too much into the website at this stage but it's a fair point further down the line.

DarkPenguin

All-in-one printer
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 04:37:06 pm »

Try one of the epsons with the claria inks.  I wouldn't sell prints from one but they should be nice.

MarkRichardo

All-in-one printer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 08:55:27 am »

Hello Friends,

I am also looking for same information. Please suggest me some good color printers, I want printout of some photographs from my desktop PC.

Thanks,

MarkRichardo

All-in-one printer
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:36:02 am »

Hello Friends,

As per my previous post, I want to give you more specific information. Actually, From last few days I faced problem with my old printer. I have HP Deskjet D2560 printer, When I give print command, left side content will be print in black dots. I mean it print but not properly. Is it printer ink problem or something else?

Please help...

MarkRichardo

All-in-one printer
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 07:03:09 am »

Hello,

As I mention my printer problem in previous post, someone has suggest me that it's might be printer jets blocked and I have to clean it. As I am non technical person I am very confuse how to clean it. If any of you know about it then please suggest me.

Thanks,

reburns

• Ralph E Burns Photography
All-in-one printer
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 10:19:20 am »

Mark,

For cleaning instructions, I would search HP site, starting with:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...556&lang=en

dalethorn

All-in-one printer
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 10:20:36 am »

Quote from: MarkRichardo
Hello,
As I mention my printer problem in previous post, someone has suggest me that it's might be printer jets blocked and I have to clean it. As I am non technical person I am very confuse how to clean it. If any of you know about it then please suggest me.
Thanks,

Inkjet problems are almost never simple. You should call tech support for the mfr., and search the technical websites for your printer.

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
All-in-one printer
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 01:09:13 pm »

As wasteful as it sounds, bin it and buy another - I've cleaned printers a couple of times when they were around £120 but now that you can buy them for £30 it's not worth the hassle - it can take hours.

Obviously, for a photo printer, it's a different story!

MarkRichardo

All-in-one printer
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 06:32:20 am »

Hello Friend,

Thanks for your helpful replies. As per someone suggestion I fix my printer problem with using printer utility. Please help me in one more, What's the primary difference between epson ink and generic ink cartridges?

Thanks,

dalethorn

All-in-one printer
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 05:31:40 pm »

Hello Friend,
Thanks for your helpful replies. As per someone suggestion I fix my printer problem with using printer utility. Please help me in one more, What's the primary difference between epson ink and generic ink cartridges?
Thanks,

Here's some rules I follow:

1. Never buy generic or refilled cartridges. Never.

2. Always use the very best quality name-brand paper. High-gloss is best.

3. Nozzle cleaning hasn't been an issue for me unless I'm printing 50 photos consecutively without a rest. If it's a problem for you with the mfr's cartridges, try printing 10 or fewer pages, then switch cartridges. Hopefully you won't have a hassle realigning.

4. After I print about 25 or so photos and change cartridges, I turn the printer upside down and around, and spray air into it to clean out any dust.

MarkRichardo

All-in-one printer
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 05:23:41 am »

Hello Friends,

As I am in search for online printing supply source I read somewhere about OEM inkjet cartridge. Please let me know What is OEM inkjet cartridge?

Thanks,

Randy Carone

All-in-one printer
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 07:44:15 am »

Hello Friends,

As I am in search for online printing supply source I read somewhere about OEM inkjet cartridge. Please let me know What is OEM inkjet cartridge?

Thanks,

Original Equipment Manufacturer
Randy Carone

MarkRichardo

All-in-one printer
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 06:19:57 am »

Hello Everyone,

As I am in search for online printing supply source, Yesterday I find-out one online Printing Supply Source. Their products are "OEM Matched" by models.They provide their services in Hp Inkjet Cartridges, Epson Printer Ink Cartridges, Epson Printer Ink, Canon Printer Inks, Canon Printer Ink Cartridges. They also offer daily shipping services for international order.

I just want to share this information with all of you. I hope this information is also helpful to others.

Thanks,
Mark.
Pages: [1]   Go Up