Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: LLVJ-18 Download  (Read 38363 times)

dng88

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 08:04:30 am »

Sorry to bring this up.  But since it is quite a long time between 17 and 18, I forget what is the step to get it.

My account said that

"Video Journal Subscriptions
Current Shipping Issue: LLVJ-17
You are subscribed up to and including Issue 18"

Does it include this download and if so, it does not show up anyway in the account statement.  I recall that you get something like a order with $0 and you then download it.  Any hint and who shall I contact.  I quite remember I have converted to video download from DVD subscription.  (But that is also a long time ago).

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 09:11:34 am »

Quote from: dng88
Sorry to bring this up.  But since it is quite a long time between 17 and 18, I forget what is the step to get it.

My account said that

"Video Journal Subscriptions
Current Shipping Issue: LLVJ-17
You are subscribed up to and including Issue 18"

Does it include this download and if so, it does not show up anyway in the account statement.  I recall that you get something like a order with $0 and you then download it.  Any hint and who shall I contact.  I quite remember I have converted to video download from DVD subscription.  (But that is also a long time ago).
Contact Customer Service (& please read the FAQ). You likely were sent coupons by email to make the no-charge purchase.

hbb

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 10:34:39 am »

Quote from: Chrissand
Not really, the Antarctic video was shot in AVCHD on the Sony SR12. To my eye, this format seems to yield better low bitrate H264 .mp4 files than the obviously higher quality original HD files from the Sony EX1 reencoded for web download at the low bitrate.

A bit of a riddle, but somehow I think that since the originals from the SR12 are compressed in H264 (whereas the EX1 is compressed in Sony's proprietary EX format) it yields good results when re-encoded with the same codec. If that makes any sense to you!!  

The Spring RunOff piece was all Sony EX1 originals and requires a much higher bitrate in the web downloads to achieve good quality

Basically my theory is:
 H264 original > H264 web files = good low bitrate encodes
Sony EX original > H264 web files = need for higher bitrate

I could be wrong tho' - there are a lot of variables here. For instance there are a lot of blue or white areas in the Antarctic piece whereas the Spring RunOff is full of branches, moose hairs, rain, shallow DoF and other fine detail...

Hi Chris,

I am a bit confused. You say here that the Antarctic segment was shot in AVCHD on the Sony SR12. In your report of the video capabilities of the Canon 5DII (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/5dmkiivid_cs.shtml) the second video clip seems to partly identical with the Antarctica segment.

nevertheless, the Antarctica segment is awesome.

Regards

Bernd
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:35:15 am by hbb »

Bill in WV

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 11:14:32 am »

I am enjoying the segments I can get, they're beautiful, but that big one with Jack Dykinga is giving me fits! It just keeps hanging up. I'm assuming it is traffic on your server as I had to try more than once on each segment but I got everything else. I would hope that it is because you sold a ton of these, but just in case, is there a chance I can do anything differently?

Bill in WV

Got it! Guess the server was busy. Another good interview and another great LLVJ. Thanks to all at LL.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:12:42 am by Bill in WV »
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon

Pete Ferling

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 10:46:26 am »

Quote from: samirkharusi
... If no loooong conversions are involved then I am about to purchase a hard-disc AVCHD camera soon...

That's the issue with AVCHD, including too many proprietary mixes -no single standard.  PPro and other apps are only just now supporting that format, but it's processor intensive, and so much easier to just convert to "I" frame only mpeg transport streams (HDV), or cineform AVI's.  I cutting a piece for a musician friend whom had someone else perform a four camera shoot of his concerto.  Three of them in HDV, and the fourth, the main camera locked off on his piano was shot in AVCHD.  What a PITA.  8-hours to convert in software and the result failed due to corruption.  I'm now redoing this via hardware on my AJA board, now only 4 hours.  (I'm sure that Cris is doing better on FCP).

In regards to hobby or home, AVCHD is ok if you can wait overnight to edit in something else.  I shoot HDV to tape on Canons and when the warranties are up, I'm switching to XDcam on Sony.  However, in lieu of AVCHD, at least for my workflow, it's much slower than sticking with tape and waiting for ingest.  

BTW, cineform just announced support for direct conversion of the 5DMKII files if anyone is interested.

KeithR

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 05:16:23 pm »

FYI I have just placed the HD & SD versions of LLVJ-18 in the L-L Store. The Madagascar piece will be at least a couple more weeks.
Any word as to how close to releasing the Madagascar piece?
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 05:26:04 pm »

Steven Sauve is still completing the music. Once that's done and I have mixed the soundtrack it will be finished. Fortunately/Unfortunately Michael & I will be in Arizona shooting with friends next week, so I will be mixing the sound after we return. I expect the video will be available for download by the week of April 19th.

Chris

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2009, 09:31:42 am »

I have just added the HD version of the Madagascar video to the LLVJ-18 HD product. It weighs in at a hefty 717 MB.
The smaller 400 MB SD version should be posted later today to the SD version of LLVJ-18.

Chris

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2009, 02:58:09 pm »

THe DL for the new segment is timing out after a few seconds for me - you guys getting hammered?

EDIT - 5th time seems to be the charm.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:59:27 pm by kaelaria »

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 03:17:57 pm »

go mine first try, no problems, pretty quick.

kaelaria

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 04:15:09 pm »

Of course I spoke too soon, failed at the end - well if one went through ok it's just my connection to it, so I'll just try later.  Thanks for the feedback Tim.

kaelaria

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 04:31:47 pm »

Got it

DarkPenguin

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 08:22:34 pm »

That was a nice segment.  When is LLVJ 19 due?

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 08:47:42 pm »

...about two years ago?

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 10:04:14 pm »

...about two years ago?

LOL.

Just keep em coming Michael/Chris - I REALLY look forward to and enjoy them. :-)
Wild Nature Photo Travel

DarkPenguin

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 10:07:32 pm »

...about two years ago?

Bill in WV

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2009, 09:44:14 am »

Chris,

Am I the only poor sap still having trouble with the download? The Matagasgar segment is killing me, maybe I should just start ordering non-HD version? I had trouble with the Dykinga segment but finally got it. This one just does not want to come to WV.

Got any ideas?

Bill in WV
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon

kaelaria

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2009, 09:48:58 am »

It took me quite a few tries too, but eventually went - I think some ISPs have connection issues now and then.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2009, 05:02:36 pm »

It does not really surprise me that there are some folk having problems downloading this file. I am always 'pushing the envelope' and the Madagascar file is about 200 mb larger than any file I have placed in a product. In these days of web 'traffic shaping', my guess is that certain ISPs are going to cut off or slow a single connection after a certain amount of data usage; and once a connection to our server goes inactive, that connection will be cut off after 30 minutes.

The only viable solution would be to put up the Madagascar file in two separate segments of less than 500 mb each. But that is a bit of a PIA for many viewers since they will end up with two separate videos - easy enough to join or put in a sequential play-list for those used to such arcana but beyond some viewers' reach. So far, I have only read of Bill in WV's problem but if others are having similar difficulty, I will try that alternate method.

Chris

kaelaria

LLVJ-18 Download
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2009, 05:48:05 pm »

That certainly wasn't the case for me - I download a lot bigger files than that.  Mine was just a glitch.  Once it cleared up it went no problem, same as all the other files - got it in a couple minutes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up