Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Victorian Fire Aftermath  (Read 2336 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Victorian Fire Aftermath
« on: March 16, 2009, 05:30:28 am »

Canon EOS 1DS MK3 w/ 70-200 F2.8L IS Post Process Lightroom 2.3 - handheld F8 1/200th ISO400
[attachment=12187:_74X4792_Edit2009.jpg]

Shot this afternoon in the heart of the fire area - just outside of Marysville - ironically, only a few weeks on and now blanketed in rain and cloud.

I really like the layered effect and the painterly look of the dead and burned out forest.

Comments appreciated.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Christos Andronis

• Christos Andronis Photography
Victorian Fire Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 01:04:00 pm »

This is a very fine image. You've certainly managed to capture the various layers. Two suggestions: you could try boosting the saturation just a bit (esp. the foremost layer of trees) and you could also try cropping away the left part of the image up to the mountain pass in the background.

- Christos

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Victorian Fire Aftermath
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:29:28 pm »

Quote from: candron
This is a very fine image. You've certainly managed to capture the various layers. Two suggestions: you could try boosting the saturation just a bit (esp. the foremost layer of trees) and you could also try cropping away the left part of the image up to the mountain pass in the background.

- Christos

Thank you for the kind words.

The reduced saturation on the foremost layer of trees is just as a result of the conversion to jpeg and the subsequent compression of the color from pro photo to srgb. The finished Tiff in Pro Photo is highly saturated.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

John R

Victorian Fire Aftermath
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 11:16:07 pm »

A fine image IMO. I like the muted tones of browns and grey-greens, and the lone green tree. And of course I am referring to the colours and not the saturation levels. As you say, it has layers and a painterly quality.

JMR

Gambit

Victorian Fire Aftermath
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 08:37:19 pm »

Quote from: John R
A fine image IMO. I like the muted tones of browns and grey-greens, and the lone green tree. And of course I am referring to the colours and not the saturation levels. As you say, it has layers and a painterly quality.

JMR

Lovely image Josh, great composition to isolate that landscape in that manner. Lovely colours too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up