Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surprise and Delight Exhibition  (Read 2242 times)

Pelao

Surprise and Delight Exhibition
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:04:13 pm »

I was fortunate enough to visit the LL Gallery today. Wonderful stuff, as usual. My favourite is still this one, of a leopard:
LL leopard shot

I know how elusive these creatures are. Michael fairly puts a lot of this shot down to right time, right place.... but you still have to have the eye for the shot, and the skill to grab it.

My daughter (10) was utterly fascinated with the Antarctic work.

While the photography is clearly wonderful, I have to say that the expertise in fine art printing was also inspiring.

Tklimek

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 12:14:52 am »

Wow...that sounds great.  I was thinking about driving out there (I'm in Chicago) for this; but I attended the Epson Print Academy in Chicago on Saturday which would make a visit to Michaels gallery impossible.

Maybe I can catch the next one!

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: Pelao
I was fortunate enough to visit the LL Gallery today. Wonderful stuff, as usual. My favourite is still this one, of a leopard:
LL leopard shot

I know how elusive these creatures are. Michael fairly puts a lot of this shot down to right time, right place.... but you still have to have the eye for the shot, and the skill to grab it.

My daughter (10) was utterly fascinated with the Antarctic work.

While the photography is clearly wonderful, I have to say that the expertise in fine art printing was also inspiring.

mike.online

• http://mikedotonline.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 03:18:07 pm »

I dropped into Toronto from Kingston. Definitely worth the drive.

The pictures of Zion were worth it alone. Very neat prints.

Of note, there is a print from the Sony A900 that put all of Micheal's comments and praise for that system into perspective.... seemingly endless DR in it. flabbergasted.

DaveW

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:46:39 pm »

Let me echo the praise - I'm definately glad my wife and I took the time to go and see the exhibition.  The large and detailed prints really do need to be seen.  The web sized shots just don't do justice!

The big pano was great to see and Michael was kind enough to sign a copy of his Bangladesh book for us.

Tklimek

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 03:52:44 pm »

Dave....

Although I did not have the opportunity to visit Michael's exhibition, that is something I would certainly try to do in the future.  I did have the opportunity to review some really fine prints at the Epson Print Academy in Chicago.......and something you said below echos what I felt when seeing these prints......sometimes bigger REALLY IS better!!  LOL!

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: DaveW
Let me echo the praise - I'm definately glad my wife and I took the time to go and see the exhibition.  The large and detailed prints really do need to be seen.  The web sized shots just don't do justice!

The big pano was great to see and Michael was kind enough to sign a copy of his Bangladesh book for us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up