Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Main site down?  (Read 6979 times)

Bill in WV

Main site down?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 08:13:17 pm »

Sorry folks, it's probably my fault. I've probably tried too many times to download the Dykinga segment. I got all the others, with minimal difficulty last night, but this biggie continues to elude me. I've tried two different computers, three browsers, make that four, I upgraded to IE 8.0 in the process, and it is still hanging up on me. And it is hung again as I write this. Everything else is fine. I've even called my ISP and he assures me my cable connection is fine. And yes, I saw the sever go down today.

The other segments are wonderful, I hope to find out about the Dykinga segment sometime tonight.

Bill in WV
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon

Gordon Buck

• LightDescription
Main site down?
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 08:36:55 pm »

Quote from: KeithR
Yup, happened to me as well. Was reading a post, then clicked back only to find Delmain IT. Closing and trying to get back in only resulted in the same. Twice in the same week makes one wonder if the servers are being hacked.

Same here -- got Delmain IT.  Shut down, reboot, same problem.  Then about an hour later all was OK and still is.  Strange.

Actually, I'm relieved to read that others had the same problem!
Gordon
 [url=http://lightdescription.blog

DarkPenguin

Main site down?
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 09:15:47 pm »

You can generally get here will www.llvj.com.  This isn't all that useful since the forums use luminous-landscape.com all over the place.  One thing it does do is show you activity.  If you see a zillion people on the forums you can figure it is probably just you.  If you see no one then you know the dns fairies are screwing with you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up