Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate Catalogs  (Read 1230 times)

trops

• http://www.giatropoulos.com
Duplicate Catalogs
« on: March 14, 2009, 12:01:26 pm »

Is it safe to just delete the duplicate catalog from within Internet Explorer?  (Win XP)

When I upgraded to 2.0, my LR 1.0 catalog was converted properly, but when I restarted LR I clicked too fast at the opening screen and mistakenly hit the button to exit the program. When I restarted it I ended up converting my LR 1.0 catalog again.
I now have a Lightroom 2 Catalog.lrcat file and a Lightroom 2 Catalog-2.lrcat file.
I also have a folder called Lightroom 2 Catalog Previews.lrdata as well as a folder called Lightroom 2 Catalog-2 Previews.lrdata.
The LR 1.0 catalog file is still in the folder too. (These are all in the default location: my pictures/lightroom)

I have so much time invested in LR that I am very nervous about just deleting the duplicate catalog (after creating a backup of the file) and then hoping LR will operate properly with the remaining catalog.

Any suggestions before I just delete the -2 catalog and preview -2 folder and hope LR boots up properly?

John

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Duplicate Catalogs
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 04:53:16 pm »

Easiest thing to do is to simply rename the files with a different extension then open Lightroom, check out your main catalogue and if all is fine, delete the other one.  Assuming you haven't added anything to either one since the conversion they should be identical.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up