Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 registration on dual sided paper  (Read 1865 times)

stephenjedgar

3800 registration on dual sided paper
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:12:02 pm »

hi gang,

working on a one-off book project.  am thinking about purchasing the 3800 but was concerned about the
registration capabilities when printing on the dual sides.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

cheers

s

Malcolm MacGarvin

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:20:55 pm »

Quote from: stephenjedgar
hi gang,

working on a one-off book project.  am thinking about purchasing the 3800 but was concerned about the
registration capabilities when printing on the dual sides.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

cheers

s

I've not tried double sided, but I've done multiple copies, scaling and printing to the edge, and they have been identical on the edges within the sort of tolerances that I would expect you would be looking for? It doesn't just take the paper as you placed it, in with any possible misalignments. Rather it does a sort of seizure, engorging, expansion and contraction as it takes the paper in.

You may get better answers, but this may help!

stephenjedgar

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:43:51 pm »

Quote from: Malcolm MacGarvin
I've not tried double sided, but I've done multiple copies, scaling and printing to the edge, and they have been identical on the edges within the sort of tolerances that I would expect you would be looking for? It doesn't just take the paper as you placed it, in with any possible misalignments. Rather it does a sort of seizure, engorging, expansion and contraction as it takes the paper in.

You may get better answers, but this may help!
hi Malcom

thanks, this does help.  I'll be trimming them (11x14s) in a block of 20....cross your fingers for me.

cheers
s

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 02:08:59 am »

I've just done a double sided calendar on 17 x 22". Just had another look at it and the registration looks fine. I've found the print preview reliable, and the output accurate to within about 1mm or better, though I remember some issue when printing borderless once. Before you begin do a test on cheap paper to confirm you are getting the results you want. David

Jon Shiu

• http://www.jonshiu.com
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 01:29:56 pm »

I've made some double sided 5x5 cards and they aligned fine, less than 1mm difference.

Jon
Mendocino Coast in Black and White: [url

Malcolm MacGarvin

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 05:28:00 pm »

Quote from: Taquin
. . .  though I remember some issue when printing borderless once. Before you begin do a test on cheap paper to confirm you are getting the results you want. David

I didn't realise for a while that the Epson dialogue (as it appears from within photoshop) has a dedicated page allowing you to fine tune the 'expand to edges' option, basically trading safety (bigger expansion and crop, no chance of white) against risk. Was mass printing batches 4x6s at the time - never a misfeed or dud amongst them - Malcolm
Pages: [1]   Go Up