Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photography in Interior Decoration  (Read 2026 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Photography in Interior Decoration
« on: March 12, 2009, 02:00:08 pm »

Does anyone know any good book, article, link, blog, etc. devoted in whole or in part to the use of photography in interior decoration? My angle here is to try to find out what non-photographers (ie, interior designers and end users) think what kind of photography is good enough to have it on display in their home or office permanently (more or less). My initial guess is that would differ from what photographers would put on their walls. Needless to say, I am predominantly interested in landscape photography in the above context.

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:16:11 am »

Take a look at Target, Michael's, Hobby Lobby etc. and what they're selling as framed art. I'm sure there are others.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 08:16:54 pm »

Quote from: tomrock
Take a look at Target, Michael's, Hobby Lobby etc. and what they're selling as framed art. I'm sure there are others.
Or even better go to the high end furniture stores and high end galleries in high end neighborhoods.  Talk the people in the galleries, they're bored to death and more than happy to carry on about what sells and what doesn't.  If a decor show should visit you local convention center, you need to go.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:38:57 pm by bill t. »

lightstand

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:16:38 pm »

Not sure where you're located but have you tried the local Home Parades that take people on tours of the homes for sale. I know in the past this has been an opportunity for artists to display their work. Like everything in art your question kind of spans the gamut from the local interior designer to corporate art collections acquiring incredible art for investments.

Pages: [1]   Go Up