Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incomplete prints from the Epson 7800  (Read 2626 times)

Ben Greenberg

Incomplete prints from the Epson 7800
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:04:59 am »

I am a first time participant on this forum, so if I make any mistakes, please excuse me for doing so.

After using the Epson 7800 printer for three years and having had almost no problems during that time, I am now dealing with a problem that just doesn't make sense. I have talked to Epson three times and none of their suggestions have solved the problem.

I am trying to print two images each 18 x 51 inches. I have printed panoramic landscape images much longer than this before with my user defined setups. This time each time I try to print either image, the printer stops at approximately 43 inches, moves the roll of paper at least the final eight inches, and then cuts the print from the roll with the last eight inches of the print blank on the paper. This has happened at least three times with each image.  

Has anyone ever experienced this problem and solved it? If so, please let me know how you did it. I have a very important customer who is waiting for their order to be completed. Thank you for your help.

Ben

P.S. I use a PC and Photoshop CS3.

jima123

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 11:39:06 am »

Quote from: Ben Greenberg
I am a first time participant on this forum, so if I make any mistakes, please excuse me for doing so.

After using the Epson 7800 printer for three years and having had almost no problems during that time, I am now dealing with a problem that just doesn't make sense. I have talked to Epson three times and none of their suggestions have solved the problem.

I am trying to print two images each 18 x 51 inches. I have printed panoramic landscape images much longer than this before with my user defined setups. This time each time I try to print either image, the printer stops at approximately 43 inches, moves the roll of paper at least the final eight inches, and then cuts the print from the roll with the last eight inches of the print blank on the paper. This has happened at least three times with each image.  

Has anyone ever experienced this problem and solved it? If so, please let me know how you did it. I have a very important customer who is waiting for their order to be completed. Thank you for your help.

Ben

P.S. I use a PC and Photoshop CS3.

jima123

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 11:51:08 am »

Bob

I am working with a person that has a similar problem. It was resolved by purchasing Qimage and using the poster option in Qimage. This was the easy way to get around this problem.

QImage allows her to print panoramas of long length. QImage is not real expensive but it solves the problem by queuing the image in order to overcome the length limitations of the driver.

Lexjet recommended QImage even thought they have no affiliation with the company.

THe QImage PDF manual has instructions on how to print large images and this is done by specifying poster mode. Even though you are not printing a true poster QImage will seamlessly put together the image.  

The lady that had the problem however has a Epson 7880 printer and her problems were solved by getting this product. QImage is not very expensive and can also be used to print multiple images on one sheet of paper very easily.

If anyone else is using QImage for this purpose please chime in to help Bob.

Regards
Jim Allen

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 12:11:32 pm »

Doesn't sound like you are hitting the classic 90.5" limit in the Epson driver.

I had a related problem with a "rogue" .psd file.  For some reason the file would not use certain cartridges when printing, totally weird.  Every other file would print OK, but that particular .psd file just would simply not use certain cartridges, and the problem would stick from then on until I rebooted.  So funny files are a possibility, maybe your file has a bad bit somewhere that is being read as a end-of-file or is otherwise causing a checksum abort...who knows.  That stuff can happen.

I solved the problem by rebooting, then converting my bad .psd file to a .TIF, then rebooting once again before printing.

FWIW my bad file was an old 16 bit file made just after PS started to support 16 bit, so it had been around a while with 3 or 4 generations made during disc upgrades.
Pages: [1]   Go Up