Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pocket Wizard PLUS II Transceiver  (Read 1299 times)

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
Pocket Wizard PLUS II Transceiver
« on: March 11, 2009, 02:02:20 pm »

I have been trying to unravel problem that I am experiencing with the use of a PW (see above) on a Hy6 using different lenses.  With the Schneider 90 mm macro, it will not sync above 1/80th of a second.  The Schneider lens is capable of exposures as brief as 1/1000th of a second (PQS).

What have your experiences been as to sync speed limitations?

Jerry Reed

Snook

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:12:28 pm »

Quote from: JerryReed
I have been trying to unravel problem that I am experiencing with the use of a PW (see above) on a Hy6 using different lenses.  With the Schneider 90 mm macro, it will not sync above 1/80th of a second.  The Schneider lens is capable of exposures as brief as 1/1000th of a second (PQS).

What have your experiences been as to sync speed limitations?

Jerry Reed

The Multi maxes are suppose to sync faster than the others and I believe they just announce a new design and higher sync possibilities..
You might want to check out their site.
I am 95% sure the Multi Max syncs at higher speeds, the transiever type have know to have issues.
I have used all on Canon @ 250/th successfully.
Snook

alexjones

• http://www.alexrjones.com
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:19:10 pm »

I shoot the Pocket Wizards on the Hasselblad 555ELD and a 250 lens at 1/500 frequently with no problems or inconsistency.  Due to the longer flash duration I do sometimes clip the strobes a bit but that's not the fault of the Pocket Wizard.  Hope it helps.  There may be a limitation but I've never seen it to this point.

Alex Jones
Digital Tech Pittsburgh
SteelGateStudio
www.alexrjones.com
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:20:55 pm by alexjones »
Pages: [1]   Go Up