Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to go on spring brake  (Read 3088 times)

ricciardi

Where to go on spring brake
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:33:09 am »

Guys.

Hope you can help me.

I moved to US 2 years ago and now I'm based in Florida.

Kids will get their spring breake in April and the family would like to travel to some place where we can enjoy some quality time with the kids and, at the same time, papa here would be able to find some scenery opportunity for good and enjoyable shooting.

I don't know the country enough so I need the input of friends and colleagues.

We thought about the Grand Canyon. I'm not sure if 6 years old kids would enjoy the place though.

Where would you go?

Any suggestion is really REALLY very much appreciated.

Thanks

Nelson
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:02:17 pm by ricciardi »

dalethorn

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:45:03 am »

Quote from: ricciardi
Guys.
Hope you can help me.
Kids will get their spring brake in April and the family would like to travel to some place where we can enjoy some quality time with the kids and, at the same time, papa here would be able to find some scenery opportunity for good and enjoyable shooting.
We thought about the Grand Canyon. I'm not sure if 6 years old kids would enjoy the place though.
Where would you go?
Thanks
Nelson

If it were me, I'd go to L.A. first, then S.F., then Charleston and Savannah, then Mpls. to Mall of the Americas. Toronto and CN tower, Niagara Falls, D.C., NYC. Never go to the big parks with kids, I say. Almost all of the West is just desert - sand and dirt.

Krug

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:26:18 am »

You may find more options if you go for the 'break' rather than for the 'brake' which may slow you down a bit !!??
John Ashbourne
 www.johnashbourne.com

rcannonp

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 04:27:32 pm »

My family took a trip out to Yellowstone/Jackson Hole, WY one summer and had a great time.
Cannon Pearson: not like the camera

Lisa Nikodym

• http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lisa_pictures/lisa_pictures.html
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 11:46:19 pm »

Another vote for Yellowstone.  My parents took me there when I was a kid, and I loved the geothermal stuff!

Lisa
[url=http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lis

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 07:21:30 pm »

Quote from: ricciardi
Guys.

Hope you can help me.

Kids will get their spring breake in April and the family would like to travel to some place where we can enjoy some quality time with the kids and, at the same time, papa here would be able to find some scenery opportunity for good and enjoyable shooting.

Where would you go?

Thanks

Nelson
In April? Try West Virginia. Monongahela National Forest has hundreds of miles of trails, gorgeous spring wildflowers, and nothing like the crowds you'll find in the Great Smokies. Whole hillsides of redbud and dogwood.

schrodingerscat

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 12:50:30 am »

The Everglades, take 'em on an airboat ride. And there's always the Keys...don't forget the Skin-so-soft. Bugs and big lizards, what more could any six year old ask for? Or photographer for that matter.

Another vote for Yellowstone, also the Smokies are close and the wildflowers should be putting on a good show. If California is doable, I'd suggest Death Valley, Mono Lake, and Bodie. Hwy 395 is a fabulous drive in spring. If the ocean is more your style, start in Laguna Beach and head north on Hwy 1. Stop where you want, as it goes to the Canadian border. I'd go at least as far as the Olympic Peninsula in Wa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up