Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilford GFS Media Type Setting on Canon IPF 6100  (Read 3178 times)

wenkoff

• http://www.josephwenkoff.com
Ilford GFS Media Type Setting on Canon IPF 6100
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:13:24 am »

Does anyone know what "Media Type" to choose for Ilford's Gold Fiber Silk paper on a Canon ipf 6100? I tried searching the canon IPF wiki, and found a user saying to use "Special 5" the results were strange. I want to make sure I'm using the correct setting before I print targets to have an ICC profile created. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 01:51:09 pm »

Quote from: wenkoff
Does anyone know what "Media Type" to choose for Ilford's Gold Fiber Silk paper on a Canon ipf 6100? I tried searching the canon IPF wiki, and found a user saying to use "Special 5" the results were strange. I want to make sure I'm using the correct setting before I print targets to have an ICC profile created. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Try using Heavy Weight Semi Gloss Photo Paper. It works well for us.
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 05:43:08 pm »

Quote from: wenkoff

Lou Dina made the suggestion on the Wiki.  He has carefully checked for optimal ink loads for a number of papers that he uses, so I would certainly trust his recommendation as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up