Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Phase One P30+ for Contax 645 w. Contax kit: $11,500 (complete kit, w Maxwell screen and battery grip)  (Read 4579 times)

william

(NOTE: If you're interested, please email me directly at william.carter@temple.edu. Please don't PM me. Seriously. PLEASE don't PM because it may take me several days to notice that I got a PM, whereas I respond to emails right away.)

I'm selling my Phase One P30+ in Contax 645 mount. I purchased it a few months ago from Digital Transitions. It was a "demo" model, but is basically brand new. They only used it in-store to demonstrate it to potential customers. Since buying it, I've only used it for a few shoots (mostly studio portrait sessions), so it's still in seriously pristine condition. It has about 8000 clicks on it. I have the original receipt and all the boxes, hard case, instruction manual, charger, batteries (2), etc. It has the standard (not value added) 1 year warranty, so it would be under warranty until Dec. 2009. I'm pretty sure that the warranty can be extended and/or upgraded to the value added warranty thru Phase.

Price is $11,500 OBO (reduced from my original (now deleted) post). That includes the back and all accessories listed above PLUS the Contax 645 kit. This is the body, film back, prism, 80mm 2.8 lens AND MP-1 battery grip.

Also included is a custom Hi-Lux screen worth $300 made by Bill Maxwell of Maxwell Precision Optics. The screen is the standard MFS-2 screen, but has been modified with Maxwell's Hi-Lux treatment, which makes it at least 2 stops brighter. Focusing is much easier with the modified screen. The screen also has crop lines for the P30/P30+ back that indicate the shooting area of the 1.3X crop, with the area outside the shooting area indicated by a shaded darker area. I will also include a second unmodified MFS-2 focusing screen.

Please note that the body and prism are a bit rough looking; they work perfectly and have no internal flaws at all, but I bought them used from Keh in "bargain" condition because I didn't really care about the cosmetics of the camera. So they have a bit of peeling surface paint, etc. However, if you want a body/prism in cosmetically pristine condition, you can buy them pretty cheap from Keh and keep this kit as a backup. (To reiterate -- the P30+ back itself IS in cosmetically pristine condition, as is the Maxwell focusing screen-- I bought it separately).

FYI, if you're curious as to why I'm be selling it, it's only due to a recent and unexpected change in my finances. The back works great and it'll be difficult to part with it.

I will also be selling several Contax 645 lenses -- 45mm, 120mm, 140mm. I am not yet listing these because I want to see if the back sells first before I unload the lenses. But I will sell any of the lenses at a reasonable price to the buyer of the P30+ and camera listed here. Once the P30+ back and body sell, I'll list the lenses here separately.

Please note that I will not sell to persons outside the United States.

Please email me directly at william.carter@temple.edu if you're interested. Please don't PM me. Seriously. PLEASE don't PM.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:30:10 pm by william »

william

william

Bump.  And just a heads-up that I'll be moving this to eBay by the end of this week if there are no takers here, so if you're interested, please let me know ASAP.

william

I'm offering a price reduction, because I'd prefer to sell this here rather than eBay.  I'm now asking $10,500 for the back + camera kit or $9500 for the back alone.

edjones_nm

Quote from: william
I'm offering a price reduction, because I'd prefer to sell this here rather than eBay.  I'm now asking $10,500 for the back + camera kit or $9500 for the back alone.
Is this system still being offered?

eric

william

Yes, it's still available.  Email me at william.carter@temple.edu if you're interested.

Quote from: edjones_nm
Is this system still being offered?

eric

william

Pages: [1]   Go Up