Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 file Processing time  (Read 1726 times)

thomasmoran

Z3100 file Processing time
« on: March 10, 2009, 12:09:43 am »

I have a 44 inch wide by 9 foot long banner print that is taking a really long time to start printing once the printer receives the file. The LCD on the front of the printer is now saying it will take 400 minutes before it starts. The image is a simple black and white logo with only 100% white or 100% black at 200dpi. I've never had this problem before but I've also have never printed anything this large before so I'm wondering if this is par for the course? Is there anything anyone can recommend to reduce the amount of process time? Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:42:50 am »

Quote from: thomasmoran
I have a 44 inch wide by 9 foot long banner print that is taking a really long time to start printing once the printer receives the file. The LCD on the front of the printer is now saying it will take 400 minutes before it starts. The image is a simple black and white logo with only 100% white or 100% black at 200dpi. I've never had this problem before but I've also have never printed anything this large before so I'm wondering if this is par for the course? Is there anything anyone can recommend to reduce the amount of process time? Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Did it actually print the full width of 44" ?  You are just below the length limit of the one generation older firmware update, the last firmware sets it to approx 11 feet.

What resolution you load to the printer (PPI) may not be the reason for that estimated printing time but what image quality settings you selected in the driver. If it goes for 1200 dpi print resolution you can expect times like that. Lower the image quality that it says 600 or even 300 dpi, good enough for 9 feet wide logos, not all vector designs need the highest image quality. You can see that print resolution number in the advanced menu on the driver''s paper selection page. With Qimage it will be shown above the preview window as well.

met vriendelijke groeten,     Ernst

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions
|          www.pigment-print.com

thomasmoran

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:24:31 pm »

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
Did it actually print the full width of 44" ?  You are just below the length limit of the one generation older firmware update, the last firmware sets it to approx 11 feet.

What resolution you load to the printer (PPI) may not be the reason for that estimated printing time but what image quality settings you selected in the driver. If it goes for 1200 dpi print resolution you can expect times like that. Lower the image quality that it says 600 or even 300 dpi, good enough for 9 feet wide logos, not all vector designs need the highest image quality. You can see that print resolution number in the advanced menu on the driver''s paper selection page. With Qimage it will be shown above the preview window as well.

met vriendelijke groeten,     Ernst

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions
|          www.pigment-print.com

Thanks for the tip! the banners finally did print after 7 hours, so I guess I know what to do next time... Thanks again!

pulley

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 03:56:28 pm »

If the banner is to viewed from a distance, you could print at 72 dpi and it will look great and the file size will be greatly reduced.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:56:53 pm by pulley »
Pages: [1]   Go Up