Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Softproofing in PS  (Read 1549 times)

Bob Boner

Softproofing in PS
« on: March 09, 2009, 02:33:25 pm »

I am having trouble doing softproofing as described in "Camera to Print." When I get the profiled image and the duplicate image arranged in horizontal tiles and matched in position and zoom, I try to adjust the softproof image to look like the duplicate. I want to work in layers. When I click on the icon at the bottom of the layers palette and then get the "curves" layer, the layer shows above the background layer, but the curves dialogue box is unavailable and I am unable to do anything else in PS except force quit. I think I see a (very) slight sliver of the curves dialogue box to the far right of the Layers palette, but not enough to get hold of it to drag it onto the screen. I am pretty much convinced that the dialogue box is there (but off the screen) for a couple reasons.
1. When you access "curves" on a layer, the layer immediately appears on the layers palette even though it is usually covered by the dialogue box.
2. If I go directly to the "Image" menu item at the top of the page and access "curves" there (without a layer), the dialogue box appears as usual, but of course it works directly on the image rather than on a layer.

The behavior exhibited when I access "curves" on a layer (and the dialogue box doesn't appear) is the same as when the dialogue box does appear. Namely, you can't to anything else with Photoshop until you make the "curves" adjustment and close the dialogue box. I can't move the "curves" layer to the trash from the layers palette, or anything else, just as if the dialogue box were open.

I am using a MacBook Pro and OSX 10.5, CS3. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Softproofing in PS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:24:36 pm »

Ever use that with a larger display hooked up? If so, the odds are things are simply being drawn on what Photoshop thinks is a larger display area...trashing your PS prefs will resolve the panel location issue.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:29:53 pm by Schewe »
Pages: [1]   Go Up