Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting a leaf Aptus back on a Fuji GX680 III (Fuji OneShot needed?)  (Read 8990 times)

Detlef_g

• http://

Hello

i do have a technical question about the possibility to connect a aptus digital back on a Fuji GX680 III.

I heard that I need for the GX 680 a additional “one Shot” box from the Kapture group but not for the GX680 III.

Do somebody know if this is true?

Thanks

Detlef

ddk

• http://www.pbase.com/ddk
Connecting a leaf Aptus back on a Fuji GX680 III (Fuji OneShot needed?)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 01:59:54 pm »

Quote from: Detlef_g
Hello

i do have a technical question about the possibility to connect a aptus digital back on a Fuji GX680 III.

I heard that I need for the GX 680 a additional “one Shot” box from the Kapture group but not for the GX680 III.

Thanks

Detlef

I have Aptus with Contax mount and I needed it, you can't use GX680's shutter release to trigger the back.
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

zooizl

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 03:33:28 pm »

Quote from: Detlef_g
Hello

Thanks

Detlef

you can do without the kapture group one shot but the catch is there is only one shutter speed(around 1/60 to 1/125 i estimate) available.  ie if u are shooting inside a studio environment with strobe, there is no problem at all.  i did so many product shot with this method already:
all u need is a quantum radio slave(which i already owned before shooting digital), stick it on the hot shoe mount on your 680, then connect the local sync on the quantum to your leaf back while trigger your strobe with the remote mode.  make sure u have the leaf capture camera choice at "large format".  it will work perfectly.  but, hey, sorry!! no slow shutter speed
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:34:22 pm by zooizl »

photo570

• http://www.shoot.co.nz
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:56:02 pm »

Quote from: zooizl
you can do without the kapture group one shot but the catch is there is only one shutter speed(around 1/60 to 1/125 i estimate) available.  ie if u are shooting inside a studio environment with strobe, there is no problem at all.  i did so many product shot with this method already:
all u need is a quantum radio slave(which i already owned before shooting digital), stick it on the hot shoe mount on your 680, then connect the local sync on the quantum to your leaf back while trigger your strobe with the remote mode.  make sure u have the leaf capture camera choice at "large format".  it will work perfectly.  but, hey, sorry!! no slow shutter speed
Please elaborate as much as possible on this, as I also want to put a Leaf back (Valeo22), onto my Fuji, and have tried a few methods without much luck. Any chance of posting a few photos of which cable goes where. As I don't live in the US, the exchange rate kills the Kapture Group solution for me, it ends up costing over a grand by the time shipping is included, so if I can just use a few cables with the gear I already have, I don't mind the limitations for studio use.

Cheers.
Jason.
Jason Berge
www.shoot.co.nz

zooizl

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 03:14:44 pm »

Quote from: photo570
Please elaborate as much as possible on this, as I also want to put a Leaf back (Valeo22), onto my Fuji, and have tried a few methods without much luck. Any chance of posting a few photos of which cable goes where. As I don't live in the US, the exchange rate kills the Kapture Group solution for me, it ends up costing over a grand by the time shipping is included, so if I can just use a few cables with the gear I already have, I don't mind the limitations for studio use.

Cheers.
Jason.

i try to take some photo of the setup tomorrow and post them here

photo570

• http://www.shoot.co.nz
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 03:46:59 pm »

Quote from: zooizl
i try to take some photo of the setup tomorrow and post them here
Thanks heaps.

Cheers.
Jason Berge
www.shoot.co.nz

zooizl

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 12:01:19 pm »

here u go:
it is just like a normal setup with strobe.  but now u sync both the back and the flash with the same radio slave.  
a reminder : i try with a cheap radio slave (those they sold on ebay for around US$20) but it don not sync the flash and the back at the same time.  ie. the light on the back blink and the flash fire at the same time.  But the frame on the computer goes black.  so u have to try the radio slave u have.  Mine is a Quantum 4i.
and also remember to set your Leaf Cature camera choose to "large format"
the photo is taken with my iphone, it is not top quality  
good luck
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:03:05 pm by zooizl »

Detlef_g

• http://
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 12:22:46 pm »

Hi,

thanks for all the information.

Detlef
Pages: [1]   Go Up