Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "new revision of media list" problem with z3100  (Read 3518 times)

Dward

"new revision of media list" problem with z3100
« on: March 08, 2009, 10:19:54 pm »

After I calibrated my z3100 and reprofiled a paper whose profile was out of date, I keep getting a pop-up window saying "There is a new revision of the media list" for the printer, and asks if I would like the program to solve the issue.  When I hit "solve", the HP Print Center appears and tells me that the revision has been added to the paper list and I'm now free to use the new media list.  This window pops up every few minutes, no matter what I do.  I've had it "solve" numerous times, and sometimes I just close the window.  I've restarted the computer, all to no avail.

I had this problem in the past and after a while it just seemed to disappear--but it sure is annoying.  Anyone have an idea how to convince the program not to keep popping up this window?

Thanks,
David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com
David V. Ward Fine Art Photography

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:45:21 am »

Quote from: Dward
After I calibrated my z3100 and reprofiled a paper whose profile was out of date, I keep getting a pop-up window saying "There is a new revision of the media list" for the printer, and asks if I would like the program to solve the issue.  When I hit "solve", the HP Print Center appears and tells me that the revision has been added to the paper list and I'm now free to use the new media list.  This window pops up every few minutes, no matter what I do.  I've had it "solve" numerous times, and sometimes I just close the window.  I've restarted the computer, all to no avail.

I had this problem in the past and after a while it just seemed to disappear--but it sure is annoying.  Anyone have an idea how to convince the program not to keep popping up this window?

Thanks,
David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com

I'm not sure about that but I would first synchronise the printer's media list with your system's media list. Another thing could be that you didn't actually download the new media list for one reason or another. If both are solved and the message persists I would do a power down-power up on the printer.  That's what I usually do when I have no answers to a problem that stays and in several cases it has been the right answer for unknown reasons :-)

Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Dward

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:18:41 pm »

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
I'm not sure about that but I would first synchronise the printer's media list with your system's media list. Another thing could be that you didn't actually download the new media list for one reason or another. If both are solved and the message persists I would do a power down-power up on the printer.  That's what I usually do when I have no answers to a problem that stays and in several cases it has been the right answer for unknown reasons :-)

Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Thanks, Ernst.   I had already synchronized the printer's list with the system's list----but the damned thing kept popping up anyway.  I've been printing almost nonstop since I posted, but as soon as this next print is finished I'll power down/up the printer and see if that fixes the glitch.

Thanks again.

David V. Ward, Ph.D.
www.dvward.com

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:49:13 am »

Quote from: Dward
Thanks, Ernst.   I had already synchronized the printer's list with the system's list----but the damned thing kept popping up anyway.  I've been printing almost nonstop since I posted, but as soon as this next print is finished I'll power down/up the printer and see if that fixes the glitch.

Thanks again.

David V. Ward, Ph.D.
www.dvward.com

I had this problem before (on the 3100) and the culprit was a cache file. HP don't want to say where it is, so ultimately you have to uninstall and reinstall. The 3200 has some problems between APS and the hosts but that is not the paper list causing this. The list on the 3200 has also had some delays in updating the list but it hasn't refused to eventually update the list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up