Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DNG converter and Canon 5d Mark ll  (Read 6574 times)

cowboy

DNG converter and Canon 5d Mark ll
« on: March 08, 2009, 04:12:00 pm »

I found I cannot process my mark ll raw files in CS3. After reading about possible solutions, I decided to download the DNG converter as a temporary solution until my bank account recovers from the camera purchase. The problem is the converter downloaded from Adobe does not convert the files to DNG. I get an error that says error parsing the files for every image. The cr file is extracted and stored in the specified location. Can someone help me to get the files converted? What am I doing wrong here?

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 05:10:15 pm »

Two thots come to mind.  Are you able to open the files with Canon's DPP?  And did you grab the latest DNG converter?  (The one with ACR 5.3.  Although I think 5.2 would work.)

cowboy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:21:13 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Two thots come to mind.  Are you able to open the files with Canon's DPP?  And did you grab the latest DNG converter?  (The one with ACR 5.3.  Although I think 5.2 would work.)
The files process normally using Canon sw. I downloaded the only DNG converter that came up when I searched Adobe for one. Is there some way I can insure I have the latest one? The discussions in the ACR forum implies this should work.
Thanks for responding.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 06:01:52 pm »

Looks like 5.2 should work.  That's a good thing since I couldn't find a 5.3 update.

BTW, toss out the version of ACR included with that.  It will only work with CS4.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4214

cowboy

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:24:13 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Looks like 5.2 should work.  That's a good thing since I couldn't find a 5.3 update.

BTW, toss out the version of ACR included with that.  It will only work with CS4.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4214
I found a 5.3 version through a more selective search and I could download just the DNG converter. It worked very well. As usual you were right on Dark Penquin.
Thanks much you saved much of the little hair I have left. I guess I will upgrade, but can't do it right now.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 12:29:11 pm »

Happy to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up