Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Platform poll  (Read 19398 times)

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
Platform poll
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2009, 08:53:25 am »

It is so interesting, as crazy your idea is, I said exactly the same in the "Will SINAR Survive" thread. Probably the most interesting first result from this poll must be the following and --user satisfaction may be understatement-- for the CONTAX. Definitively something to learn from for the surviving teams in MF... and all future challengers.  

For me the Contax 645 and P30+ is the perfect outfit...perfect...perfect...perfect.

And wouldn't it just be great if someone (Sinar?) started making them again. Don't change it, just start making it again  

Quote from: andershald
Contax 645 & P30+ (I have owned this kit for almost 6 months and I love the camera more for each shoot. Undoubtedly the best camera I have ever owned)

Canon 1dsII (this will be exchanged for a D3X at the first given opportunity...I was always a Nikon shooter, but when I needed to go digital Nikon did not make a FF body)

I recently did 80x100cm enlargements (digital c-types) from P30+ files and I cannot imagine ever requiering higher resolution than what I have. For me the Contax 645 and P30+ is the perfect outfit...perfect...perfect...perfect.

And wouldn't it just be great if someone (Sinar?) started making them again. Don't change it, just start making it again  
[font=Comic Sa

Geoffrey

Platform poll
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2009, 10:25:32 am »

OK - I'll play too:

Rollei 6008AF with dp20 back (new favorite)

Also 6003 Pro, with 40, 60, 55PCS, 90 and 180 lenses
2.8 D (bought new by father) and GX

Leica M8, with CV15, 28, 50 'cron and 90 macro

Canon 20D (gathering dust- its around somewhere).

While its interesting to read about the newer backs, the old P20 on the Rollei just makes such lovely files, its hard to imagine why one would need more. Higher ISO would be nice, bigger square sensor also, but the quality now is just lovely.

Geoff
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:26:10 am by Geoffrey »

Tomas Johanson

Platform poll
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2009, 12:30:00 pm »

2x Contax 645
1x Hasselblad Arcbody

/Tomas

douglasboyd

• http://dboyd.com
Platform poll
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2009, 04:03:33 pm »

Leonardo,

I currently use H1+P30 with A900 and Canon G9 as backup.

On my wishlist is AFDII with a 50mpixel or higher back.  The Hassey and lenses are too heavy for air travel.  Also 31-39mpixels is not enough resolution for non-panorama phtoography with larger print sizes.

==Doug  

Leonardo Barreto

Platform poll
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2009, 06:58:26 pm »

Thank you everyone -and the if you have not yet posted: welcome-- for listing your gear of the moment here. I will continue with the count and post the results, but I'm sure CONTAX will be coming up with good numbers. Are you listening Kyocera??  

Quote from: douglasboyd
Leonardo,

I currently use H1+P30 with A900 and Canon G9 as backup.

On my wishlist is AFDII with a 50mpixel or higher back.  The Hassey and lenses are too heavy for air travel.  Also 31-39mpixels is not enough resolution for non-panorama phtoography with larger print sizes.

==Doug
[font=Comic Sa

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
Platform poll
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2009, 08:55:57 pm »

Got rid of my Hy6/75LV for certain reasons,mainly no 28 or 35 wide.
Now very happy with a D3X with  a  Nikkor 14-24 and Nikkor 24+45+85 PC-e lenses.
Also have the ZF35/2+ZF85/1.4 and the ZF100/2

For my needs the above kit does the job nicely.

Maybe not the high end quality you get with MFDB with HR lenses,but I knew that anyway.

Best,

Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

David Klepacki

Platform poll
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2009, 11:08:34 pm »

We use all Zeiss medium format glass, and various bodies to make use of them:

Sinar m - for multishot, repro, and high speed AF
Contax 645 - zoom lens, TTL flash, and backup for m camera
Hasselblad 201F - leaf shutter/high speed flash
Hasselblad Flexbody - modified for additional front tilt/shift , portable technical camera
Hasselblad 903SWC - repro, some landscape

We had the Hy6 system as well, but recently sold it in favor of the Sinar M system.  The Hy6 is a wonderful camera, but we found the M to better meet our needs for the various Zeiss glass that we prefer.  The Sinar m can also be used as an electronic shutter for the Sinar p2/p3 cameras.  In addition, it can also be used as a unique rangefinder with the Rodenstock HR28mm lens (unique since it uses an electronic focal plane shutter capable of 1/2000, and also supports multishot without a Rollei shutter/control unit).  This system is well integrated, as the Hasselblad V glass can be used interchangeably among the camera bodies.  Of course, the FE glass can only be used on the Contax, 201F and M cameras.

We only use two types of digital backs for all of the above cameras:

Sinar eMotion 75LVII - with Sinar m, Hasselblad V, and Contax 645 adapters
Sinar 54H - also with Sinar m, Hasselblad V, and Contax 645 adapters

David
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:44:22 pm by David Klepacki »

Snook

Platform poll
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2009, 10:00:52 am »

IS some one going to summarize this thread in the end?
Sure would be nice to see a list of cameras with the number of user posted..?
Snook

Leonardo Barreto

Platform poll
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2009, 10:46:25 am »

I have done about half, but we could have a second opinion since it is difficult to make the count for the variety of platforms ... at one time I was thinking that someone was talking about digital backs and it was film brands, etc...

Quote from: Snook
IS some one going to summarize this thread in the end?
Sure would be nice to see a list of cameras with the number of user posted..?
Snook
[font=Comic Sa
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up