Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exposure 6.1 and shading problem  (Read 2444 times)

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
Exposure 6.1 and shading problem
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:58:48 pm »

It has been told that shading a picture with the new shading system (selecting a reference shading file) of Exposure 6.1 the color corection will be applied to all the next DNG files whatever is the software you'll use to open it; well I've been able to correct the color cast of the pictures just using the lens calibration process. The new system works only if you export directly the file into JPG or TIFF. Does anybody confirm my experience?

Goodi

• http://
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 03:56:49 am »

Quote from: favalim
It has been told that shading a picture with the new shading system (selecting a reference shading file) of Exposure 6.1 the color corection will be applied to all the next DNG files whatever is the software you'll use to open it; well I've been able to correct the color cast of the pictures just using the lens calibration process. The new system works only if you export directly the file into JPG or TIFF. Does anybody confirm my experience?
Hi if you would like to use the shading correction for DNG files, just drag and drop the files to another folder. The software will generate then new DNG files in the new folder. With this workflow tge original DNG will be untouched.

Best regards
Michael

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:54:13 am »

Quote from: Goodi
Hi if you would like to use the shading correction for DNG files, just drag and drop the files to another folder. The software will generate then new DNG files in the new folder. With this workflow tge original DNG will be untouched.

Best regards
Michael

ok, but in order to have the file corrected you have to "export" the image to jpg or tif with Exposure, there is no chance to open it with ACR ... I've just tried ..

Petras Saulenas

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 06:34:51 am »

Shading mode corrections only visible when the files are exported. And only to TIF or JPG. It is impossible to export to non linear DNG now.

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 07:24:42 pm »

Quote from: Petras Saulenas
Shading mode corrections only visible when the files are exported. And only to TIF or JPG. It is impossible to export to non linear DNG now.
i dont know what you mean. i use exposure to export shaded dng files ....
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

ThierryH

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 09:50:48 pm »

Shaded DNGs out of eXposure can of course be opened in any DNG compatible application. There would be no sense otherwise to have the choice to create such corrected DNGs.

Best regards,
Thierry

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:24:58 am »

Quote from: ThierryH
Shaded DNGs out of eXposure can of course be opened in any DNG compatible application. There would be no sense otherwise to have the choice to create such corrected DNGs.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry, it's very strange! I did it many times but once I open the DNG with ACR all the magenta and green stripes are still there; just with the shading calibration the file is clean.
Is there some setting to fix or some reference files?
Thanks

Petras Saulenas

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 11:33:49 am »

I think it is really important to have non linear corrected DNG file with all EXIF data for color calibration using color checkers. I can explain why. Most software only use non linear DNG files for color calibration as Adobe DNG profile editor. It is also the same situation with Sinar eXposure. Color calibration use DNG file which is has a magenta to green color variation. So color correction is done very inaccurate. It would be really good that firstly Sinar eXposure software could do color shading and after that could calibrate the colors. And now what I get? A tif or jpg file which has no magenta to green variation but has false color calibration.

Petras Saulenas

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 05:24:22 pm »

I did not find this function in eXposure. Please explain how to export shaded files to non linear dng?
Pages: [1]   Go Up