Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone and Phase One or Capture One Pro  (Read 3107 times)

Snook

iPhone and Phase One or Capture One Pro
« on: March 07, 2009, 08:51:05 am »

I was wondering if anybody know how or where I can a program that would trigger the camera (AFDII P30) via ihpone and computer remtotely.
I am sure it is possible just not sure how to do it.
Basically you would need to make a script that would do Command+K when you want to fire the camera. I do it often with a Blue tooth Keyboard but it is still to big and cumbersome.
Anybody know how to approach this?
I saw some people with Leaf systems using their iPhones to recieve images shot a few seconds after they have shot and the image apears in the iphone...
Is that part of Leaf software somehow.
In any case I think all the iphoners guys in here might enjoy this option.
Thanks for any help
Snook

CaptainHook

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 05:26:50 am »

If you're just wanting to control your computer from your iphone, you could use any VNC app for the iphone.
I use "Jaadu VNC" to control my macbook pro through wifi but any of them would work.

The leaf thing sounds like a proprietary app for the iphone...?
Just guessing, and although you *can* see images through a VNC app on your iphone, you have to zoom in
and it doesn't look *great* and is more annoying than it's worth for me.

Those are my thoughts at least.

Best of luck Eric.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 06:11:43 am »

Quote from: Snook
I was wondering if anybody know how or where I can a program that would trigger the camera (AFDII P30) via ihpone and computer remtotely.
I am sure it is possible just not sure how to do it.
Basically you would need to make a script that would do Command+K when you want to fire the camera. I do it often with a Blue tooth Keyboard but it is still to big and cumbersome.
Anybody know how to approach this?
I saw some people with Leaf systems using their iPhones to recieve images shot a few seconds after they have shot and the image apears in the iphone...
In any case I think all the iphoners guys in here might enjoy this option.
Thanks for any help
Snook

How much is it worth to you ?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

rcannonp

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 08:48:11 am »

You might try Air Mouse. I haven't used it, so I can't vouch for it. They say that it has programmable hot keys which sounds like it might work for you.

Here is a Macworld review of Air Mouse Pro.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:53:32 am by rcannonp »
Cannon Pearson: not like the camera

JDBFreeheel

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:52:52 pm »

Quote from: Snook

Snook, FYI the Leaf iPhone viewer is in beta right now.  Basically, it's set up to work with Leaf Capture and when you take a shot, tethered to LC, it can also send the shot to an iPhone.  The idea is that you can have a client with your iPhone looking at your shots without hovering over you or your tech at the laptop.  It looks promising but it is unclear what the final release version will incorporate, if anything, to power the shot-taking.  Only a select few users have been testing this (Leaf is not letting it be a public beta, which annoys me) so I haven't used this yet.

Snook

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 08:21:00 pm »

I bought airmouse and will try it out this week tethered.
But just playing around with it and it is really repsonsive and I am pretty sure it will work no problem..:+}
I already programed a Hot key in as command + K and it works..
Thanks for the heads up.
Snook
I am sure I am not the only one that will appreciate this...:+]

rcannonp

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 09:06:52 pm »

I was thinking of buying Air Mouse for the same thing(and may still). I usually use my Apple remote with Mira. I bought it back before the iPhone came out, and it still works.
Cannon Pearson: not like the camera
Pages: [1]   Go Up