Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macbook display, NEC LCD2690WUXI2 or Apple 24" Cinema display?  (Read 3599 times)

etrexler

I'm about to purchase a NEC LCD2690WUXI2 or Apple 24" Cinema display for my Macbook (not the Pro).  Can the Macbook video card drive this monitor?  I realize the Apple is smaller and cheaper, but which way do I go?  Any recommendations are appreciated.  I'd hate to save $300 and come up short.

Thanks,
Eric

WillH

• http://www.necdisplay.com
Macbook display, NEC LCD2690WUXI2 or Apple 24" Cinema display?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:59:04 am »

The MacBooks can certainly drive the LCD2690WUXi2.

If you want to use the SpectraView software to hardware calibrate the display then you should check the specifics of your MacBook model to make sure it is compatible. You didn't include the exact model so I can't provide a definite answer here.

The latest compatibility information is available here:

http://www.necdisplay.com/SupportCenter/Mo...ac_v1_1_01.html

Quote from: etrexler
I'm about to purchase a NEC LCD2690WUXI2 or Apple 24" Cinema display for my Macbook (not the Pro).  Can the Macbook video card drive this monitor?  I realize the Apple is smaller and cheaper, but which way do I go?  Any recommendations are appreciated.  I'd hate to save $300 and come up short.

Thanks,
Eric
Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager, Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

etrexler

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 09:12:14 pm »

Thanks, I ordered the NEC the NEC yesterday.  I have an Eye One sensor and ColorEyes for calibration, do I really need the NEC SpectraView kit?  I'd love to have something that allows my Macbook and the NEC to remain at the same height.  I'm using the new Macbook aluminum.

Thanks again,

Eric

LA30

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 09:52:58 pm »

Quote from: etrexler
Thanks, I ordered the NEC the NEC yesterday.  I have an Eye One sensor and ColorEyes for calibration, do I really need the NEC SpectraView kit?  I'd love to have something that allows my Macbook and the NEC to remain at the same height.  I'm using the new Macbook aluminum.

Thanks again,

Eric

The spectraview software is 'key', I am typing on a MacBookPro looking at a gen 1 2690 and I love it.  Nec monitors are GREAT!.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up