Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: T&S problems on RZ67ProII  (Read 6642 times)

Snook

T&S problems on RZ67ProII
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 12:44:10 pm »

Anybody else using the RZ have to fiddle with every dang switch when first shooting to get it too work?
EVERY time I go to shoot with my RZIID I have twist the back all around check all the connections etc.. And Fresh batteries for both WinderII and the stupid little battery (underneath) that seems to always be dead. Then the camera some how decides to work after all that.
I now store it with out the adaptor plate for mamiya 645 as it supposedly drains the battery in storage.

Anybody else have this problem with the RZIID and PhaseOne backs??
Many times the computer shows the camera as connected but the RZ will not fire until a fiddle aorund with everything.
Yes I have cleaned the contacts etc.. But it never starts up smoothly. I have to twist and turn all the possible dials and connections in order for it to start working. Once started it usually works well during the day. But frustrating when starting off with trouble everytime.
I bought like 200 of those liitle size batteries as they are hard to find where I live and they drain fast.
Plus will the back work with out the WinderII connected. In other words can you manual crank if necessary?
Did not want to hijack the Post but thought it was better than starting a new one since RZ guys are probably going to look at this thread.
Thanks
Snook
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:46:48 pm by Snook »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 12:54:41 pm »

Quote from: Snook
Anybody else using the RZ have to fiddle with every dang switch when first shooting to get it too work?
EVERY time I go to shoot with my RZIID I have twist the back all around check all the connections etc.. And Fresh batteries for both WinderII and the stupid little battery (underneath) that seems to always be dead. Then the camera some how decides to work after all that.
I now store it with out the adaptor plate for mamiya 645 as it supposedly drains the battery in storage.

Many times the computer shows the camera as connected but the RZ will not fire until a fiddle aorund with everything.
Yes I have cleaned the contacts etc.. But it never starts up smoothly. I have to twist and turn all the possible dials and connections in order for it to start working. Once started it usually works well during the day. But frustrating when starting off with trouble everytime.
I bought like 200 of those liitle size batteries as they are hard to find where I live and they drain fast.
Plus will the back work with out the WinderII connected. In other words can you manual crank if necessary?
Did not want to hijack the Post but thought it was better than starting a new one since RZ guys are probably going to look at this thread.
Thanks
Snook

After you replace/check the battery and assuming your contact points are cleaned I'd estimate about 8 out of 10 connection issues are resolved by removing the back, seating the bottom of the back into the hook and then firmly mounting the back into it's final position solves the problem. You do not have to "slam" it on or anything, but you want to be firm and confident with it's placement into it's final locked position.

Note that the RZ Pro IID has a "failsafe" switch on the shutter. Red = Locked, White = Standard, Orange = Failsafe. In the failsafe position the body will fire regardless of whether it has an electronic connection to the back; this will not however trigger the digital back since the electronics have been disabled. So for troubleshooting you can switch to failsafe and take a picture. If the body fires in failsafe, but not in standard, then the problem is electronic and not mechanical. Make sure you have a capture folder set up or a CF card inserted and then remount the back.

The RZ Pro IID is a reliable tank, so once the connection is established it is rock solid and I've never once seen the connection drop during a shoot; I've only ever seen what you describe where at the beginning of a shoot it may not connect if you don't mount it with a strong arm.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 04:58:51 pm »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
Can you please post some images?

Thanks

Hello,

Mamiya RZ 75mm SB Lens with Mamiya tilt/shift adapter

Cheers

Simon
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 03:22:36 pm »

As promised some experiments with the T&S.
Have to get used to it a bit more, but what I'm getting now is already close to what I'm looking for.

Greetings,
Frank

yaya

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 03:07:06 am »

Quote from: Snook

Thanks
Snook

Snook you should know that the adapter tends to drain the RZd's battery even without the back on it and when you don't use the camera.
I suggest that you remove the adapter from the camera body when not in use. Some people turn it 45ΒΊ so there is no contact when the camera is not in use.

Yair
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:17:09 am by yaya »

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 03:10:22 am »

@John,
I ABSOLUTLY loved twilight
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up