Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viveza plug-in for Lightroom  (Read 9617 times)

NikosR

• http://
Viveza plug-in for Lightroom
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 11:27:14 pm »

Coming back to the subject, I want to say that I find the Viveza 'plug-in' (external editor)  bad value. Nikon Capture NX2 for about the same amount of money will give you the same control point functionality plus much more (like powerful RGB editing, masking etc etc).

So for someone not using PS, getting Nikon Capture NX2 even just for using it as a TIFF external editor to LR is, I believe, much better value than just getting the Viveza thingy. If one happens to be a Nikon NEF shooter also then this argument becomes of course much much stronger.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:27:51 pm by NikosR »
Nikos

Tklimek

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 09:01:54 am »

:-)  Which is exactly why I wanted it to work so bad actually inside Lightroom!  Oh well...

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: NikosR
Coming back to the subject, I want to say that I find the Viveza 'plug-in' (external editor)  bad value. Nikon Capture NX2 for about the same amount of money will give you the same control point functionality plus much more (like powerful RGB editing, masking etc etc).

So for someone not using PS, getting Nikon Capture NX2 even just for using it as a TIFF external editor to LR is, I believe, much better value than just getting the Viveza thingy. If one happens to be a Nikon NEF shooter also then this argument becomes of course much much stronger.

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 12:00:35 am »

Quote from: digitaldog
Agreed. Apple started this as far as I recall.

Not saying the plug-ins are not useful. But they are far less useful than they would lead some to believe.

Because you'd be deprived of the learning experience of spending 2-3 years getting truly proficient in Photoshop, when you just want to do some reasonably good photo editing?

I really think learning Photoshop is akin to hazing.  Maybe to get certified in Photoshop you should have to stick a marshmallow in your ass and crab walk 100 yards.  If it falls out, you have to eat it.  Then you can get a "Photoshop master" certification, and become proficient with masking, layers, blending, etc.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up