Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad sample RAWS  (Read 18483 times)

flashfredrikson

Hasselblad sample RAWS
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 03:36:23 am »

Hi Nick,
I am sorry, but it can't. I need it the other way round! Your method puts for example the lights from 245 to 255. I want to put them from 255 to 245, which results in grey whites and grey blacks. This is especially helpful in the channels, for example you can have your shadows blue and your highlights yellow. Anybody remebers how polaroid 669 looks or Kodak EPR pulled half a stop?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Hasselblad sample RAWS
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 08:58:49 am »

I find Photoshop a much better tool for stuff like that. I use Phocus merely to get the highest quality fairly flat Tiff/PSD everything else is done in PS. I do want to have the f-stop scales on the histogram (like Flexcolor), so I can see how far of I am from clipping.

flashfredrikson

Hasselblad sample RAWS
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 10:44:58 am »

Hi Dustbak,
if you don't have a client lookin over your shoulder and at the eizo all day, wanting to see what it will look like, your approach might be fine...
In my situation it is essential to get the look as close as possible to the one I have in mind during shooting, every new capture has to look like it is supposed to be. No, yeah I will do that later in PS, that's just not an option if your client wants to have a hd with like 200-500 tiffs at the end of the day.

cheers

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Hasselblad sample RAWS
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 12:06:44 pm »

That is correct, but unless you are now using the export on capture function in Phocus you are not going to be able to deliver a HD with 200-500tiffs at the end of the day. If you do happen to use that and carry around the necessary processing power you could also process a droplet or action to get to the final stage. I have even asked on more than one occasion to be able to invoke an action or droplet upon exporting FFF/3FR files just for this purpose.

On location I have always a client looking over my shoulder and if need be I can show them how it will eventually turn out (more or less). For most that is satisfactory.

Anyway, there are about a kazilion ways of doing it and everybody has its own preferences. I don't let my client walk out with a HD filled with Tiffs. I mostly process in the evening/night and have it available on my FTP server in the morning.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:08:11 pm by Dustbak »

flashfredrikson

Hasselblad sample RAWS
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 12:42:53 pm »

Of course I could us an action in ps but why should I? Why should i make things even more complicated, more time consuming (and still it won't show up on my screen every time i press the button...) Just because such a simple thing is not implemented in the software? And why is it not possible to deliever 500 tiffs in the evening? is phocus that slow? In the studio I normally use two computers, one for tethering and one for editing and developing, never had a problem.

Whatever, I shouldn't have started this anyways, but Mr. Grover, if you are still listening, it would be a nice "pro" feature to have in phocus, think about it.
I like to shoot with he h2, and maybe someday when phase is gone or if just can't find any h2s anymore, then an H3,4,5 might be the camera for me. At the moment it just isn't. just for me and my way of working.

cheers
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up