Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpectraViewII v1.1.0.1 doesn't show upgrade  (Read 2447 times)

walter.sk

SpectraViewII v1.1.0.1 doesn't show upgrade
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:14:19 pm »

I'm running a WinXPPro machine, and on finding out about the upgrade to SpectraViewII from v1.1.0.0 to v1.1.0.1, I downloaded and installed the new version.  It found the old version and asked to deinstall it, which I allowed.  After the installation I clicked on Help>About, and the version number was 1.1.0.0.  

I decided to deinstall the program using Add/Uninstall Programs, and then made sure that my virus protection was disabled.  I then tried installing again.  Once more rather than showing the new version number, the About SpectraView showed v1.1.0.0.  

Am I missing something?  Or is it not programmed to reflect the minor upgrade?

Paul Sumi

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:43:36 pm »

Quote from: walter.sk
I'm running a WinXPPro machine, and on finding out about the upgrade to SpectraViewII from v1.1.0.0 to v1.1.0.1, I downloaded and installed the new version.  It found the old version and asked to deinstall it, which I allowed.  After the installation I clicked on Help>About, and the version number was 1.1.0.0.  

I decided to deinstall the program using Add/Uninstall Programs, and then made sure that my virus protection was disabled.  I then tried installing again.  Once more rather than showing the new version number, the About SpectraView showed v1.1.0.0.  

Am I missing something?  Or is it not programmed to reflect the minor upgrade?

Haven't tried the update yet (didn't know about it 'til now).  But have you checked the date stamp on the executible to see if it's new?

Paul

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:48:55 pm »

Quote from: PaulS
Haven't tried the update yet (didn't know about it 'til now).  But have you checked the date stamp on the executible to see if it's new?

Paul

Why didn't I think of that:  I did it and it showed Feb 12, 2009 as the date, and the version number was actually 1.1.0.1.1.

Pages: [1]   Go Up