Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger at zoo  (Read 1382 times)

dalethorn

Tiger at zoo
« on: March 01, 2009, 10:28:40 am »

This animal was behind a glass wall at a bad angle, and the fixes I did were skew, rotate right, stretch, rotate left, and crop. I think it still looks a little squeezed, but I didn't want to tamper with it any more.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Tiger at zoo
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 06:18:52 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
This animal was behind a glass wall at a bad angle, and the fixes I did were skew, rotate right, stretch, rotate left, and crop. I think it still looks a little squeezed, but I didn't want to tamper with it any more.
Hi Dale,

I don't think these is much you can do about this image. One problem with it is that it is not really sharp and what is worse the light is not good (actually really bad) and the framing is not good, either you include the entire animal or you take a head and shoulder portrait. But most importantly what is it you want to show with this image? Is it an interesting og dramatic situation? I think you will agree that it is neither of the two. I think the best you can do is to go out again in good light and try again.

dalethorn

Tiger at zoo
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 11:10:18 pm »

Quote from: hkruse
Hi Dale,

I don't think these is much you can do about this image. One problem with it is that it is not really sharp and what is worse the light is not good (actually really bad) and the framing is not good, either you include the entire animal or you take a head and shoulder portrait. But most importantly what is it you want to show with this image? Is it an interesting og dramatic situation? I think you will agree that it is neither of the two. I think the best you can do is to go out again in good light and try again.

I've photographed this tiger several times over a period of a few years, and this is the best I've gotten.  On this particular day, I stood at the window for 20 minutes and took about 30 shots, none of which were as good.  I personally like a lot of it, except that the detail on the face approaching the nose is muddy - I don't know what caused that - and with the distortion fixes I did, the body still seems a little wrong toward the back.

The objective I had in mind was the animal approaching, like it would when investigating potential prey.  I think I captured that, but of course, it would have been better to get the whole body, undistorted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up