Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One 3.5/45 TS lens  (Read 2194 times)

Rudy Torres

Phase One 3.5/45 TS lens
« on: March 01, 2009, 10:06:50 am »

Anyone heard the latest on the Phase One Hartblei TS Lens? Are they shipping? Does anyone have any samples to share from this lens? Any reviews?

- RUDY

michael

Phase One 3.5/45 TS lens
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 10:55:31 am »

As I understand it the lens has been going through continuing revision to get it optically and mechanically to the level that Phase One wants it to be before it ships. It will only be superficially similar to the Hartblei T/S on which it is based.

I will be doing some brief testing of the final pre-production version tomorrow, and expect to have a full production lens for testing and field use as soon as they are available, my guess is within a month or two.

If possible I'll post some initial impressions and shots from tomorrow's test before I leave for PMA and Zion on Wednesday.

Michael

Rudy Torres

Phase One 3.5/45 TS lens
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 12:26:56 pm »

Michael
Thanks for the info.  Sounds like Phase One won't be in full production until maybe the summer. I hope you can post some of your results.

- Rudy

hubell

Phase One 3.5/45 TS lens
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:44:45 pm »

Quote from: michael
As I understand it the lens has been going through continuing revision to get it optically and mechanically to the level that Phase One wants it to be before it ships. It will only be superficially similar to the Hartblei T/S on which it is based.

I will be doing some brief testing of the final pre-production version tomorrow, and expect to have a full production lens for testing and field use as soon as they are available, my guess is within a month or two.

If possible I'll post some initial impressions and shots from tomorrow's test before I leave for PMA and Zion on Wednesday.

Michael

Was Phase One not shipping its version of this lens earlier this year at $4,000 per unit, at least in Europe?
See this thread: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4925

michael

Phase One 3.5/45 TS lens
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 03:31:15 pm »

They may have. I'm not certain. I do know that the lens has been under serious revision and is now reaching finalization.

Michael

Carsten W

Phase One 3.5/45 TS lens
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 05:06:10 pm »

Quote from: michael
They may have. I'm not certain. I do know that the lens has been under serious revision and is now reaching finalization.

Michael

I think they were selling "prototype" units, but there have been some serious QA issues, with some of the new lenses not even coming close to the results of the old, many times cheaper ones. I hope that they get this fixed before finalizing the design and production line.
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste
Pages: [1]   Go Up