Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 x 4 camera for portraits and 'static' fashion?  (Read 7360 times)

terence_patrick

• http://www.terencepatrick.com
5 x 4 camera for portraits and 'static' fashion?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 03:52:22 am »

Lots of options available: Graflex cameras work great since they aren't too fussy and don't have too many movements to worry about. Sinar F2 works great as well, I've worked with a few fashion/celebrity shooters who use them. Paolo Roversi uses an 8x10 Deardorff for everything he shoots. If you think LF fashion shooters aren't about the "bang bang", then you're seriously fooling yourself. A couple of the celebrity portrait shooters I've assisted would burn through 100+ sheets in an hour's time (which is about as long as there is for actual shooting with some subjects), on top of the 40-50 Polaroids. Hope you have fast hands or lots of assistants.

terence_patrick

• http://www.terencepatrick.com
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 03:53:59 am »

Lots of options available: Graflex cameras work great since they aren't too fussy and don't have too many movements to worry about. Sinar F2 works great as well, I've worked with a few fashion/celebrity shooters who use them. Paolo Roversi uses an 8x10 Deardorff for everything he shoots. If you think LF fashion shooters aren't about the "bang bang", then you're seriously fooling yourself. A couple of the celebrity portrait shooters I've assisted would burn through 100+ sheets in an hour's time (which is about as long as there is for actual shooting with some subjects), on top of the 40-50 Polaroids. Hope you have fast hands or lots of assistants.

Gary Yeowell

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 06:48:46 am »

London photographer Mitch Jenkins does pretty well shooting a metal Wista field for most of his celeb portraiture!

www.mitchjenkins.com

Professional

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 08:12:40 am »

Always i hear: "Pinhole for everything".    
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up