I have the CS4 suite. I downloaded the new version of camera raw plugin and now when I open a folder in Bridge the jpgs show the images but any raw files show either a blank or DNG icon. If I click on a raw icon then it opens in the ACR window, But I still can't see it in Bridge If I want to try again do I need to UNINSTALL FIRST? I used automatic install.
I would like to try manual install: Here are Adobe's instructions:
"Manual installation on Mac:
1. Exit Photoshop CS4 and Adobe Bridge.
2. Open the download file, double-click CameraProfiles.dmg, and follow the onscreen instructions.
3. Open the Finder.
4. Navigate to the root of the local disk (not the user's home folder).
5. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)
Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS4/File Formats
6. Move the existing plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
7. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw, from the download into the same folder as in Step 4.
8. Launch Photoshop CS4 or Adobe Bridge. "
In step 4 what is the root of the local disk?
In step 5 there is no plugin folder under Adobe.
A folder 'CS3' is still in the adobe folder. Do I throw it away or uninstall t (how) ?
THERE WERE NO PROBLEMS SEEING RAW FILES IN BRIDGE, EXCEPT FO THE CANON G10, BEFORE THE FIRST DOWNLOADING.