Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge and ACR 5.2  (Read 5590 times)

jrgoldman9

Bridge and ACR 5.2
« on: February 26, 2009, 01:59:29 pm »

I have the CS4 suite. I downloaded the new version of camera raw plugin and now when I open a folder in Bridge the jpgs show the images but any raw files show either a blank or DNG icon.  If I click on a raw icon then it opens in the ACR window,  But I still can't see it in Bridge  If I want to try again do I need to UNINSTALL FIRST?  I used automatic install.

I would like to try manual install: Here are Adobe's instructions:

"Manual installation on Mac:
1. Exit Photoshop CS4 and Adobe Bridge.
2. Open the download file, double-click CameraProfiles.dmg, and follow the onscreen instructions.
3. Open the Finder.
4. Navigate to the root of the local disk (not the user's home folder).
5. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS4/File Formats

6. Move the existing plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
7. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw, from the download into the same folder as in Step 4.
8. Launch Photoshop CS4 or Adobe Bridge. "

In step 4 what is the root of the local disk?
In step 5 there is no plugin folder under Adobe.

A folder 'CS3' is still in the adobe folder.  Do I throw it away or uninstall t (how) ?

THERE WERE NO PROBLEMS SEEING RAW FILES IN BRIDGE, EXCEPT FO THE CANON G10, BEFORE THE FIRST DOWNLOADING.

HELP!

Thanks, Jay

Dinarius

Bridge and ACR 5.2
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 04:02:02 am »

Jay,

I would post your question here>

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bb6a858/

....you'll probably get a faster reply.

....and I would choose a more descriptive header.

D.

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Bridge and ACR 5.2
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 08:08:08 am »

In step 4 what is the root of the local disk?
In step 5 there is no plugin folder under Adobe.

Double-click the hard disk icon on your desktop in the upper-right corner. You want the top disk if you have more than one. That's the "root" of you local [boot] disk. There will be a plug-ins folder under Adobe there.

Another thing to try in Bridge, if to choose Tools --> Cache --> Purge cache for the folder where you can't see the raw files.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:08:35 am by tomrock »

250swb

Bridge and ACR 5.2
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 04:44:29 am »

I have the CS4 suite. I downloaded the new version of camera raw plugin and now when I open a folder in Bridge the jpgs show the images but any raw files show either a blank or DNG icon. If I click on a raw icon then it opens in the ACR window, But I still can't see it in Bridge If I want to try again do I need to UNINSTALL FIRST? I used automatic install.

I treated myself to a CS4 download when I got my new Canon G10 and the same thing happened to me. All my normal RAW images had a picture thumbnail, but the G10 had a logo box but they would still open in ACR. The fix was easy, I updated Bridge and then I could see the G10 thumbs.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 04:45:10 am by 250swb »

KeithR

Bridge and ACR 5.2
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 12:02:40 pm »

Be advised that ACR is now at 5.3 and Lightroom is at 2.3.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up