Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me if You can. Thank You!  (Read 2645 times)

Petras Saulenas

• http://
Please help me if You can. Thank You!
« on: February 26, 2009, 05:56:59 am »

Good day,

Recently I have bought a Sinar Hy6 / eMotion 75LV II and having some problems with it.

THE FIRST AND THE MAIN QUESTION I AM WORRIED ABOUT!
SIMPLE TASK TO EXPLAIN THE SITUATION. WHEN I SHOOT WHITE WALL OR WHITE BACKGROUND OR THROUGH WHITE SHADING DIFFUSOR IN ANY LIGHT SOURCE
I AM GETTING MAGENTA COLOR ON THE LEFT AND GREEN COLOR ON THE RIGHT. IT IS NOT ONE COLOR TONE. SO I CAN'T DO WHITE AND COLOR BALANCE.

I AM ADDING AND EXAMPLE 1815-original.jpg and 1815-equalized in photoshop.jpg (I can send an original file straight from the digital back)
The file is imported via Sinar eXposure software.
The DNG file opened with Adobe Photoshop CS4 raw converter, white balance is set in the centre of the image.
The file is scaled down to 25%. And saved to JPG file. Another file is the same file just equalized in Adobe Photoshop CS4.

THE SECOND QUESTION IS MUCH SIMPLER AND IT IS ABOUT THE SOFTWARE.
WHEN I START A SINAR CAPTURE SHOP OR EXPOSURE I MUST WAIT FOR ±10 MINUTES WHILE THE PROGRAM STARTS. AFTER IT, IT WORKS PERFECTLY.
BOTH PROGRAMS ARE THE LATEST VERSIONS. I AM ADDING INFO FILE ABOUT ALL MY MAC AND IT CONFIGURATION.

THE THIRD QUESTION IS ABOUT MY SINAR P2 AND IT IS ONLY TO KNOW THE SITUATION.
IS IT MADE GRAFLOK TO SINAR HY6 BACK ADAPTER? I WANT TO USE MY BACK ON MY P2 IN A SIMPLEST WAY.

Thank You very much for Your time and for help!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 11:30:44 am by Petras Saulenas »

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 06:03:00 am »

Quote from: Petras Saulenas
THE SECOND QUESTION IS MUCH SIMPLER AND IT IS ABOUT THE SOFTWARE.
WHEN I START A SINAR CAPTURE SHOP OR EXPOSURE I MUST WAIT FOR ±10 MINUTES WHILE THE PROGRAM STARTS. AFTER IT, IT WORKS PERFECTLY.
BOTH PROGRAMS ARE THE LATEST VERSIONS. I AM ADDING INFO FILE ABOUT ALL MY MAC AND IT CONFIGURATION.

I've never heard of this problem. Have you tried deleting the preferences file and restarting? That seems to fix a few issues. You can find more information about doing this if you search old threads.

Petras Saulenas

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 06:13:32 am »

I have reinstalled all My Apple MacBook Pro and firstly installed a Sinar Exposure & Sinar CaptureShop. First starts was perfect, but only the first.
It doesn't help if I just reinstall the software and clear all preferences. It also doesn't help if the eMotion back is connected or not while the software is starting.

I have added my Apple MacBook Pro configuration file if anybody can say anything looking at it.

I am really nervous about my first problem ;-(

Thank you.

yaya

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 06:40:07 am »

THE THIRD QUESTION IS ABOUT MY SINAR P2 AND IT IS ONLY TO KNOW THE SITUATION.
IS IT MADE GRAFLOK TO SINAR HY6 BACK ADAPTER? I WANT TO USE MY BACK ON MY P2 IN A SIMPLEST WAY.

The Leaf AFi - Graflok adapter should fit your back though I am not sure about the revolving adapter as it may be larger than the non-revolving one.

Cambo also make an adapter based on the P2's back plate with an insert made for the AFi/ Hy6 mount.

Hope this helps, your dealer should be able to answer your other questions.

Yair

David WM

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 07:31:18 am »

Hi Petras,

It sounds like you need to talk to a distributor but for some reason don't have one.  

Do you have the .dat and .ref files installed in the folder : Library/Application Support/Sinar eXposure/Sinarback LV75(or whatever your back is called here)/ ?
They should be on the disk that came with your back.

Apart from that, I'd be trying  complete reinstall, or ring Sinar rather than wait for an email.

Regards, David

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 07:43:40 am »

I have reinstalled all My Apple MacBook Pro and firstly installed a Sinar Exposure & Sinar CaptureShop. First starts was perfect, but only the first.

If it worked first time and not since, then I suspect that you are not removing the right preference file(s), but I'm not an expert.

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 01:31:00 am »

I think you have a faulty back.
I had a similar issue,not as bad,with my eMotion 75LV and Sinar replaced my back.
The new one was perfect,however I sold my Hy6/75LV and now use a Nikon D3x.
Good luck,
Willem.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:32:05 am by rethmeier »
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

Murray Fredericks

• http://www.murrayfredericks.com
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 01:45:12 am »

Hi Petras,

Don't Panic! The white shading you shot needs to be reversed out of every image using the diffuser to create a file then have that file applied to each image.

That magenta green variation you have in the file looks 'normal' (yes I freaked out too). The diffuser is not for white balancing... shoot a card next to the paintings for that. Use the diffuser to create a WSF only and apply it to all files.

The method to do this is different for CApture shop (where you must do it before the actual shots) and the new exposure where you can apply it retrospectively.

As far as the software goes...yes there have been bugs but it sounds extreme in your case.

If all else  fails try to find a copy of Brumbaer.

Cheers

Murray
Exhibition Website   http://www.murrayfr
Pages: [1]   Go Up