Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: from Thierry Hagenauer  (Read 28609 times)

ThierryH

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2009, 09:41:28 pm »

Here we are:

My new member name is "ThierryH". I have asked Michael to delete my previous account.

Let me say to everybody thank you for this unexpected display of support. It goes straight to the heart, frankly. Like two of you put it: "he did not die" and "he did not save the world". In other words, it is effectively not that important, what happened to me, whatever can be my emotions and feelings. Life goes on and that's the most important. And I had actually said it a few months back and here: I do not need Sinar to survive, for other things in life are more important.

I have simply loved a company, the product and my work, for 19 years. And I have here to thank the whole Koch family, the "grand-father" and creator of Sinar, Carl,  then the "father", Hans Carl, and finally "the sons" Carl Jürg and Lorenz, for having first allowed me to join their company, back in June '90, then to have showed me support and trust throughout the years and in any circumstance, allowing me to move to and to do my work directly out of Thailand: without having the necessary trust in me and the belief that I could handle things alone, without possibilities to control me, that would never have been possible. That was a huge prove of confidence which was in my heart and mind all these last years. I have put a point to not disappoint nor misuse this confidence and trust from 3 generations of the Koch family.

Times have changed since, the Koch family has gone, some other people have gone. The company has been taken over by a foreign company. The management has changed. That is common knowledge and all normal or at least possible, everywhere in the world and for any company. However, Mr. Hans Carl Koch did put an emphasis, when he decided to retire, to hand over Sinar to the most suitable persons and company, to secure the future not only of a leading company, but also of his employees whom he had in great esteem and for whom he cared much. He knew that there was a tremendous amount of knowledge, of motivation and commitment, and last but not least, passion to keep Sinar ahead, among all these employees. All necessary qualities in difficult economic times. He simply knew and remembered that he had grown himself, with his company, only with the help of his employees. We used to call it "the Sinar Family". That is something which I cherished and was proud of, throughout these years, for without this very essential spirit and in such a market as professional photography, it is hard to survive. Times will tell if he did the right thing, for only time is judge.

For me it is a period of my life, nothing more. I will get over it, keeping the good memories and friends I have made throughout the years. Nothing of that is lost. I am not sure what this future will be, and I am even less sure if it will still be in photography. But photography will remain a passion, and that's what counts.

Thanks again and all the best to all,
Thierry

Photostudent

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2009, 12:51:47 am »

Quote from: ThierryH
Here we are:

My new member name is "ThierryH". I have asked Michael to delete my previous account.

Let me say to everybody thank you for this unexpected display of support. It goes straight to the heart, frankly. Like two of you put it: "he did not die" and "he did not save the world". In other words, it is effectively not that important, what happened to me, whatever can be my emotions and feelings. Life goes on and that's the most important. And I had actually said it a few months back and here: I do not need Sinar to survive, for other things in life are more important.

I have simply loved a company, the product and my work, for 19 years. And I have here to thank the whole Koch family, the "grand-father" and creator of Sinar, Carl,  then the "father", Hans Carl, and finally "the sons" Carl Jürg and Lorenz, for having first allowed me to join their company, back in June '90, then to have showed me support and trust throughout the years and in any circumstance, allowing me to move to and to do my work directly out of Thailand: without having the necessary trust in me and the belief that I could handle things alone, without possibilities to control me, that would never have been possible. That was a huge prove of confidence which was in my heart and mind all these last years. I have put a point to not disappoint nor misuse this confidence and trust from 3 generations of the Koch family.

Times have changed since, the Koch family has gone, some other people have gone. The company has been taken over by a foreign company. The management has changed. That is common knowledge and all normal or at least possible, everywhere in the world and for any company. However, Mr. Hans Carl Koch did put an emphasis, when he decided to retire, to hand over Sinar to the most suitable persons and company, to secure the future not only of a leading company, but also of his employees whom he had in great esteem and for whom he cared much. He knew that there was a tremendous amount of knowledge, of motivation and commitment, and last but not least, passion to keep Sinar ahead, among all these employees. All necessary qualities in difficult economic times. He simply knew and remembered that he had grown himself, with his company, only with the help of his employees. We used to call it "the Sinar Family". That is something which I cherished and was proud of, throughout these years, for without this very essential spirit and in such a market as professional photography, it is hard to survive. Times will tell if he did the right thing, for only time is judge.

For me it is a period of my life, nothing more. I will get over it, keeping the good memories and friends I have made throughout the years. Nothing of that is lost. I am not sure what this future will be, and I am even less sure if it will still be in photography. But photography will remain a passion, and that's what counts.

Thierry

hey guys,

he is back to us  

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2009, 02:46:49 am »

But photography will remain a passion, and that's what counts.

Thierry

Thierry,
I always try to look for positives at every set back. Think about it for a second. Finally you will be able to get yourself a really nice Leaf back with Rz67 body and enjoy your passion the way it was always meant to be.
Nice, smooth and easy - real joy of photography. No more need to justify why Sinar is also a workable solution.
Screw the confidentiality, tell us how you really feel and what really went down.
I have a feeling it had something to do with the special edition black body Rollei you have promised me.
Andre

PS
Think positive. After the recent housing market crash a friend of mine who also lost a his life worth gave a metaphoric advice  that even after the worst Tsunami when the water goes down there is shit left all over the beach for ages. Think positive.
Andre

BJNY

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2009, 11:47:38 am »

Here we are:

Thierry

You are a class act, Thierry.
Guillermo

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2009, 08:16:56 pm »

Welcome back, Thierry!

I have always enjoyed your posts, even though I have never used Sinar equipment. Your posts have always seemed to contain valuable information presented in a very civilized and gentlemanly manner, even when responding to some rather unkind posts by others. So I am not surprised at the great outpouring of support you have received, and I am delighted that you will be continuing to be a member of the LL "family".

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

H1/A75 Guy

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2009, 08:22:57 pm »

Jenoptik bought Sinar?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:26:02 pm by H1/A75 Guy »

BJNY

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2009, 08:40:53 pm »

Quote from: H1/A75 Guy
Jenoptik bought Sinar?

Priceless.
Guillermo

ThierryH

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2009, 10:04:41 pm »

That must be it, Andre!

Thierry

Quote from: AndreNapier
Thierry,

I have a feeling it had something to do with the special edition black body Rollei you have promised me.
Andre

Khun_K

• http://
from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2009, 12:09:51 am »

being off to trip and just return to learn this bad news, good people and good product should stay together. Let's all look ahead in stead of looking back.

Quote from: thsinar
To all who feel concerned:

I wish to inform you here and officially that I will stop any post made with my "Sinar" signature.

My working contract with Sinar AG Switzerland has been terminated by Sinar yesterday, February 24th 2009.

I won't make any remark, nor give any information in public as for the reasons of the termination or others, being bound by confidentiality.

Starting now, I would like to ask those having specific Sinar questions, technical issues or other Sinar related requests, to contact either their respective distributor or dealer, or Sinar directly.

I would really like to thank all the members here, with whom I had the privilege to communicate and exchange information, sometimes to answer questions and help with issues. It has been my very pleasure, and never a "must" situation for me. And I would like to thank also those who have read my posts without participating.

I shall as per today open a new account here and continue my participation as an independent member.

Thanks again to all, for your so valuable support all the time, for those nice words sent to me, and for having tolerated my presence.

My special thanks go here and of course also to Michael Reichmann, for having welcomed me in his placed and for having offered me the possibility to participate.
These thanks are as well for his team.

All the best to all, with all my wishes of doing well in these difficult times ahead.
Best regards,
Thierry
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:12:51 am by Khun_K »

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2009, 03:15:08 am »

Good luck Thierry! You have always been knowledgeable and ready to help and clarify. You also took more hits than you deserved, but kept soldiering on for Sinar. You even replied to my questions and seemingly impossible hours of the day, leading me to conclude that you appeared to be working 24x7! Keep in touch.

shutay

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2009, 05:37:22 am »

T

I know I tried to bash you round the court bit I hope you never took it personally

Your imput was always valued and appreciated

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Imaginara

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2009, 06:13:27 am »

Jenoptik bought Sinar?

Heh maybe we can get tethered support for the M11/M22 precision backs into Xposure then

SeanBK

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2009, 08:20:41 am »

TH,
  Thanks for the past & look forward to your future presence here. I along with countless others appreciate your contributions. Though a vast majority who appreciate you (like me) did not use Sinar, but your constant gentlemanly approach to everything was so refreshing & much needed. By just looking at the response may be people who are rather callous & often downright rude will take note that, people in general do appreciate & remember the consistant politeness, so above all I thank you for that.
  Sincerely
     Sean

H1/A75 Guy

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2009, 11:12:53 am »

http://www.sinarcameras.com/

They should have brought you onboard, Thierry.

David
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 11:18:03 am by H1/A75 Guy »

BJNY

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2009, 11:53:49 am »

I believe Sinar has been wholly-owned by Jenoptik for 2+ years.
For a couple years prior to that, Jenoptik  owned a 51% stake in Sinar.

http://www.sinarcameras.com/

They should have brought you onboard, Thierry.

David
Guillermo

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2009, 01:27:24 pm »

Sad to hear you got booted after spending so many years at this company. I wish you will find something else soon that will give you at least as much joy & fulfilment.

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2009, 04:44:41 pm »

Thierry, Any interest in being my European representative?  Jim

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2009, 07:51:01 am »

Always appreciated your posts, even though I had no reason to interact , not having anything other than a Sinar X.
Glad you're back on a more personal level, you've got lots of info left to share!

Adina

from Thierry Hagenauer
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2009, 11:01:51 am »

Quote from: haefnerphoto
Thierry, Any interest in being my European representative?  Jim

@Thierry
You see the offers have come ...  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up