Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few from Canyonlands  (Read 1313 times)

Brandon W.

• http://
A few from Canyonlands
« on: February 25, 2009, 08:51:16 pm »

Hello everyone, I went to Canyonlands this last weekend, unfortunately it was pretty rainy and very cloudy.  These are a few I was able to come up with.  I am looking for critiques on what I can do better.  I am afraid that with a few of them I am just trying to capture too much and it is lost in the background.  I know Mesa Arch is shot by everyone and their brother, but I just can't escape that amazing glow!  Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Dave Hall

A few from Canyonlands
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 04:29:24 am »

Quote from: Brandon W.
Hello everyone, I went to Canyonlands this last weekend, unfortunately it was pretty rainy and very cloudy.  These are a few I was able to come up with.  I am looking for critiques on what I can do better.  I am afraid that with a few of them I am just trying to capture too much and it is lost in the background.  I know Mesa Arch is shot by everyone and their brother, but I just can't escape that amazing glow!  Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Nice photos. Don't apologise for taking same as everyone else.
My only crit would be that the horizon does not look level on most pics and the black & white could do with a bit more contrast.
But I love that glow!
Oh, just seen some sensor dirt on no 3.

Brandon W.

• http://
A few from Canyonlands
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:37:02 am »

Thank you David, I suppose I have been having trouble finding a balance between my camera being level and the overall horizon being level (at least on non ocean or large lake landscapes) but now that I look at it, I agree, the horizon should be level in these.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:37:38 am by Brandon W. »
Pages: [1]   Go Up