Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS4 installer error  (Read 2265 times)

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
CS4 installer error
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:54:03 pm »

I'm thinking about upgrading from CS3 to CS4 and downloaded the trial version of CS4.

When I run the installer it stops after "checking configuration" and reports "Setup Error" and asks me to contact Adobe support.

I tried to googled the problem and found some references on Adobe forums, but the solution didn't seem to be all that simple so I'm wondering if somebody have a quick fix?

If I don't find a simple solution I'll simply skip this upgrade, I don't really need CS4 as CS3 is working perfectly on my computer (Win XP), and I don't have the time to fix my PC if it's anything but a trivial problem to get the installer to run.

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
CS4 installer error
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:42:30 pm »

My install stalled during Checking Config.  I could never get it past this step.  I ended up having to reformat and re-install Windows.  (XP Pro)  

Mike

Raw shooter

CS4 installer error
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 08:39:35 pm »

Quote from: mcbroomf
My install stalled during Checking Config.  I could never get it past this step.  I ended up having to reformat and re-install Windows.  (XP Pro)  

Mike
I just get an error message and the 11.0.1 update will not install.  Multiple restarts, etc.  Just will not install.
I guess I'll find out from you guys what I missed.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
CS4 installer error
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:21:18 pm »

Sorry, I was referring to my original install when I upgraded from CS3 to CS4.  I haven't tried the new .rev just announced (finger crossed ).

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
CS4 installer error
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 01:34:40 am »

Quote from: mcbroomf

Mike

Thanks. I was afraid of that. In that case I will not buy this upgrade, and just use CS3 until CS5 is here and it's time to buy a new PC. I'm not going to wast time trying to get the CS4 installer to play.  

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up