Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spheron VR HDR  (Read 1764 times)

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Spheron VR HDR
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:52:53 pm »

Anyone had any experience with this, is the xyz and ray-tracing ability a salable asset in reality?

Kevin.
Kevin.

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
Spheron VR HDR
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 06:25:18 pm »

Kevin, I didn't go for the Spheron but I did get a Panoscan for the purpose of creating HDR domes.  My experience has not been profitable although I'm sure others have done better.  Jim

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Spheron VR HDR
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:13:42 am »

Quote from: haefnerphoto
Kevin, I didn't go for the Spheron but I did get a Panoscan for the purpose of creating HDR domes.  My experience has not been profitable although I'm sure others have done better.  Jim

I was talking with a friend he has similar system to yours, had it 18 months, not one single job. I was wondering if architects would pay for the ability to measure from the image or CGI studios would be interested in the raytracing information it gathers. I think photography unless you are in a niche sector is dying as a industry to make a good living out of. The Spheron made my jaw drop, I'm not sure who or how I would market it if I had one, or if there is something else about that does it easier or better etc. At £30k I would want more incite to it's saleability than I have at present.

Cheers,

Kevin.
Kevin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up