Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who do You Use for Your Image Hosting and/or Print Lab Services  (Read 2501 times)

printroom_johnpaul

• http://www.johnpaulphotography.com
Who do You Use for Your Image Hosting and/or Print Lab Services
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:36:59 pm »

Hello Fellow Shutterbugs,

I wanted to find (informally) out which website is most used or most popular for Image Hosting and Print Lab services from the forum?

I can name a few that I am familiar with (Flickr, Smugmug, Zenfolio, Printroom) but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks.

Thanks,
JP

Roscolo

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:43:32 pm »

I host my own via a large webhosting account. And I print my own as well - that's why I bought a pro photo printer - to eliminate the lab and print exactly to my specs.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:45:50 pm »

Quote from: printroom_johnpaul
Hello Fellow Shutterbugs,

I wanted to find (informally) out which website is most used or most popular for Image Hosting and Print Lab services from the forum?

I can name a few that I am familiar with (Flickr, Smugmug, Zenfolio, Printroom) but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks.

Thanks,
JP

There are numerous discussions on exactly this topic here - you can find them using the search function. To answer your question, I use ExposureManager.

printroom_johnpaul

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 02:53:09 pm »

Quote from: Roscolo
I host my own via a large webhosting account. And I print my own as well - that's why I bought a pro photo printer - to eliminate the lab and print exactly to my specs.

Roscolo,

I assume for small orders that your setup is sufficent. But have you ran into any issues with large print orders? Or multiple print orders? I also used to use my own printer for small jobs or print from a local lab. However the convenience of having a printroom or flickr host my images and process print orders for me is very easy!

JP

printroom_johnpaul

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 02:54:57 pm »

Quote from: feppe
There are numerous discussions on exactly this topic here - you can find them using the search function. To answer your question, I use ExposureManager.

A friend of mine mentioned ExposureManager too but I am not familar with them. What do you like most about their services?

Cheers,
JP

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 03:51:30 pm »

A friend of mine mentioned ExposureManager too but I am not familar with them. What do you like most about their services?

Cheers,
JP

The fact that I can use my own domain, and self-fulfillment of orders.

They have a very nice comparison of their service against the main competition on their site.

Roscolo

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 04:17:55 pm »

Roscolo,

I assume for small orders that your setup is sufficent. But have you ran into any issues with large print orders? Or multiple print orders? I also used to use my own printer for small jobs or print from a local lab. However the convenience of having a printroom or flickr host my images and process print orders for me is very easy!

JP

Nope. No issues. Delivering prints to my customers that I have created, edited, and controlled from exposure to final print has resolved my previous issue of relying on labs or others and often being disappointed, or at least not 100% satisfied, with the results. With my set-up now, I never have to send another order to a lab again and I love it.

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 04:41:10 pm »

printroom_johnpaul

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 03:09:49 pm »

Quote from: feppe
The fact that I can use my own domain, and self-fulfillment of orders.

They have a very nice comparison of their service against the main competition on their site.

Thanks. I'm going to head over to their site to check out that the comparison of their services with the competition.

Cheers,
JP

Victor Glass

• Studio 26
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 12:27:34 am »

I print photographic art on an Epson 7800, but when I need volume or something that is very consumer oriented (school pics, holiday pics, etc) I use White House Custom Color, whcc.com. Thye prints they send back match my own in terms of color - they use the color profile embedded in the images I download, and when you start with them they let you do six 8x10s to confirm that they are producing what you want. Further more they do two day delivery and do not charge for it. They also do small quantities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up