Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 refusing to clean!!!  (Read 3365 times)

Rockarchive.com

Z3100 refusing to clean!!!
« on: February 25, 2009, 06:41:10 am »

I am now on the verge of having 2 sightly smaller Z3100's instead of one big one... Where did I put that axe....

I have had problems cleaning the heads! It was fine for a year, self cleaning performed excellently, then, just after the year was up, the drop detector needed cleaning, I did this and also cleaned the service station, as the cleaning 'fingers' were covered in ink. It looks new in there now. I also changed ALL the print heads.

I spent yesterday performing cleaning runs... A waste of a day. This printer which started off in my life as the next greatest wonder of the world is now becoming more annoying than chewing gum on my shoe. I hope none looking for a new printer asks my opinion in the near future, it might lead to a drop in HP sales.

Our company is small and we have been using the printer everyday for over a year a technical bod even said, 'as these printers are new I have never seen one needing a clean in the service station as bad as this one.'

Does anyone have any advice? I am out of options. Should I spend the £500 for someone to replace the service station? Will this even fix the constant cleaning problem?

Lots of help will be very much appreciated!

Thanking you.  

KeithR

Z3100 refusing to clean!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:31:59 am »

Quote from: Rockarchive.com
I am now on the verge of having 2 sightly smaller Z3100's instead of one big one... Where did I put that axe....

I have had problems cleaning the heads! It was fine for a year, self cleaning performed excellently, then, just after the year was up, the drop detector needed cleaning, I did this and also cleaned the service station, as the cleaning 'fingers' were covered in ink. It looks new in there now. I also changed ALL the print heads.

I spent yesterday performing cleaning runs... A waste of a day. This printer which started off in my life as the next greatest wonder of the world is now becoming more annoying than chewing gum on my shoe. I hope none looking for a new printer asks my opinion in the near future, it might lead to a drop in HP sales.

Our company is small and we have been using the printer everyday for over a year a technical bod even said, 'as these printers are new I have never seen one needing a clean in the service station as bad as this one.'

Does anyone have any advice? I am out of options. Should I spend the £500 for someone to replace the service station? Will this even fix the constant cleaning problem?

Lots of help will be very much appreciated!

Thanking you.  
I believe that you may get a better resopnse if this were in the correct subject forum.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up