Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug found in CS4 bridge keyword embeding.  (Read 1119 times)

mlmcasual

Bug found in CS4 bridge keyword embeding.
« on: February 24, 2009, 03:30:54 pm »

I have  discovered and confirmed with adobe tech support a bug with adobe bridge cs4 not writing keyword metadata tags to multiple selected files..

PSD files and raw,jpegs when selected with PSDs  fail to write metadata keywords to file.  If you select a batch of PSD files or a batch of PSD's and raws,jpegs etc.. then select check boxes of keywords to apply, only some of those keywords will be applied. You can verify this after the write cycle by noticing a "-" sign showing they are not all the same. Raw and other files do not apear to have this problem.  

I have verified this problem with adobe techsupport- having them repeat this problem on their own computer. They repeated this on a mac, I currently run xp. so this is platform independent and looks to be a core adobe bridge issue.

I do  not know if light room has this same issue but would be worth checking.
I have filed a case report and bug report and  apparently am the first one. I find that suprsing as I figure many designers would be using key wording for thier work flow and thsi type of bug is a show stopper.

Work around in bridge is to select psd's independently and select ONE keyword to apply at a time and wait for (lower left screen) write cycle indicator to stop before adding additional keywords.

Pages: [1]   Go Up