Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serenity Falls  (Read 1422 times)

mowog

Serenity Falls
« on: February 24, 2009, 03:21:49 am »

Ok into the brave new world of this forum. This a shot with one of my older camera's

These falls are located in Australia. The town is Buderim which is in Queensland.

My plan is to head back with the 50D and shot this area again. Any feedback is welcome.

Camera: Canon EOS 400D Digital
Exposure: 2 sec (2)
Aperture: f/20
Focal Length: 10 mm
ISO Speed: 100

LoisWakeman

Serenity Falls
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 05:16:40 am »

Hi Mowog,

This conveys well a sense of tropical lushness. The composition is a bit unresolved though: the vertical trunk to the right of the falls is leading the eye out of shot, and a different framing for the water might be advantageous - it makes for a rather static composition in this case.

mowog

Serenity Falls
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 05:22:44 am »

Quote from: LoisWakeman
Hi Mowog,

This conveys well a sense of tropical lushness. The composition is a bit unresolved though: the vertical trunk to the right of the falls is leading the eye out of shot, and a different framing for the water might be advantageous - it makes for a rather static composition in this case.

I will keep those comments in mind when I shot this again. Cutting down trees in parks for a better shot might make some people unhappy. I have this fall from many different angles including from behind.

Some current public examples are here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mowog/sets/72157614077427838/

Pages: [1]   Go Up