Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: long exposures with Cambo and Hasselblad phocus  (Read 3488 times)

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
long exposures with Cambo and Hasselblad phocus
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:42:08 pm »

Hi All
Can anyone tell me how you take long exposures when you tether a cambo digitar wide ds to a laptop and using phocus. I'm in the dark how to do it. Get it?   With flexcolour after selecting the flash sync button you could go up to 30 seconds, but with phocus it only seems to go to 1 second. When I actually shoot night or late evening/early morning shots, I can only take shoot a max exposure time of about 7 seconds before I get magenta streaking.

BTW has anyone noticed all the main problems with the cambo and the hasselblad have magenta colors in it. Mmmmm. Verrrrrrrrry suspicious.  

rhsu

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:30:58 pm »

Check my recent posting where I warned people of the 39mp AND if anyone has this problem reply PP to me.  Please send me a low jpg of the image capture that has the magenta:  urban71@optusnet.com.au

BTW:  what Cambo are you shooting with and lens and shutter type?

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 07:15:28 am »

No this is somehting different. I had another problem with the camera, which I actually posted on you thread. It's my second post and on the last page, if you want to check it out.  
Regarding this post, when I try to shoot long exposures the shutter basically times out if you like and I get strange green colours with quite defined vertical magenta colured streaks. It only happens when the exposure is longer than about 7 seconds. After about 8 or 9 seconds it times out and the image is taken even though I don't release the cable release (great english)

I use the H3D 39 with the cambo wide ds

different probl
Quote from: rhsu
Check my recent posting where I warned people of the 39mp AND if anyone has this problem reply PP to me.  Please send me a low jpg of the image capture that has the magenta:  urban71@optusnet.com.au

BTW:  what Cambo are you shooting with and lens and shutter type?

rhsu

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 04:01:25 pm »

Quote from: Enda Cavanagh
No this is somehting different. I had another problem with the camera, which I actually posted on you thread. It's my second post and on the last page, if you want to check it out.  
Regarding this post, when I try to shoot long exposures the shutter basically times out if you like and I get strange green colours with quite defined vertical magenta colured streaks. It only happens when the exposure is longer than about 7 seconds. After about 8 or 9 seconds it times out and the image is taken even though I don't release the cable release (great english)

I use the H3D 39 with the cambo wide ds

different probl

Surprise that David Grover hasn't contacted you - he's quite good at putting out "spot fires" with us Hasselblad users.  He's very knowledgeable.  

Your issue is quite similar to with my previous V96c - back then it was NOT tethered to Flexcolor but to an imagebank.  With the V96c, it was an inherent nature that the back could not do long-exposure and cuts out at a particular time regardless of the settings and time exposure.  I get a horizontal magenta streaks here and there.  Initially I thought it was a moving object on the road.  I got rid of the back for a number of "other" unrectified issues under warranty.

Have you tried accessing a portable power source to power your 39mp and run the system untethered to the computer?  I'll test it out tonight and let you know... yes with my questionable back that has been "mysteriously" fixed.  (I am still sincerely thankful).

I've just updated my latest testing on my thread and opens up a new can of worms  

PS:  My tone of frustration (and many here) is that AU used to have excellent know-how guru.  I am frustrated with my issue here in AU is because of the lack of technical person and keeps having to return to Denmark for answers.  

cheers

rhsu

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 06:07:35 pm »

Tested with two separate 39mps - 15sec @ ASA100 HC80mm - digital back setting exposure @ 30 sec - fine!  NB:  The shots were not tethered to PC.  I used a portable power source via CF card.

You may need to send it back to Denmark...  I have my suspicion as to what it may be.

Good luck...

Weldon Brewster

• http://www.weldonbrewster.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 09:42:08 am »

It's been a while since I used the H3D mark 1 but what's happening is the exposure time on the back is set to 1/8.  On the flashsync setting this will work in bulb up to 8 sec or so.  After 8 sec or so the back will capture whether or not you have released the cable release.  Anything longer and you will get magenta streaks caused by the back not being sync'd to the shutter.  On the back (not in phocus) go to settings/camera/flashsync/exposure time.  Set it to a higher value and it should work just fine.  I shoot almost exclusively with my Cambo wide DS and it's taken awhile to work everything out.  How are you cabling from the lens to the back?

Peace,
Weldon

Weldon Brewster
www.weldonbrewster.com

georg s.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 04:51:26 pm »

Quote from: rhsu
Tested with two separate 39mps - 15sec @ ASA100 HC80mm - digital back setting exposure @ 30 sec - fine!  NB:  The shots were not tethered to PC.  I used a portable power source via CF card.

You may need to send it back to Denmark...  I have my suspicion as to what it may be.

Good luck...

hello
I am a new member of this forum, after many months of following the discussions of interesting and informative topics.

rhsu

shooting with a H3D back on a field camera myself, I am curious about the portable power source you use to be able to shoot to CF cards.
I would be grateful for further information.

many thanks
georg

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 05:48:25 pm »

Hi Weldon.
No I knew that about the shutter speed. It didn't make any difference. However I just updated the firmare and downloaded phocus 1.1.13 and the problems has sorted itself out. I am able shoot up to about 40 seconds with the Cambo
Quote from: weldonb
It's been a while since I used the H3D mark 1 but what's happening is the exposure time on the back is set to 1/8.  On the flashsync setting this will work in bulb up to 8 sec or so.  After 8 sec or so the back will capture whether or not you have released the cable release.  Anything longer and you will get magenta streaks caused by the back not being sync'd to the shutter.  On the back (not in phocus) go to settings/camera/flashsync/exposure time.  Set it to a higher value and it should work just fine.  I shoot almost exclusively with my Cambo wide DS and it's taken awhile to work everything out.  How are you cabling from the lens to the back?

Peace,
Weldon
Pages: [1]   Go Up