Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Firmware update  (Read 19385 times)

Nick-T

Hasselblad Firmware update
« on: February 23, 2009, 02:27:07 pm »

Just a heads up to let you know that Hasselblad have posted firmware updates on their site (under downloads) for H series cameras and H3Ds. The firmware update include support for the HTS, new zoom, DC power grip and give a stop more sensitivity taking the H3D31 to 1600 ISO and the 39 to 800.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

Toto

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 03:00:25 pm »

That's great, for Mac users. For Windows, you need to have a new version of Phocus that is not yet available

Nick-T

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 03:16:27 pm »

Quote from: Toto
That's great, for Mac users. For Windows, you need to have a new version of Phocus that is not yet available

Phocus 1.02 for PC is in beta now so shouldn't be too far off.
Nick-T

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:19:23 pm »

How about ISO800 for the CF39?    Is that included in this package?

froesner

• http://images.luiroq.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 05:30:08 pm »

Hi Nick,

this is great news! Could you by any chance advice me whether there is a recommended order in which I should install the updates (Body / Back)?

Best

Frank

Nick-T

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 05:53:51 pm »

Quote from: Dustbak
How about ISO800 for the CF39?    Is that included in this package?

The readmes don't explicitly say but I would expect that the CF39 would be included.

Nick-T

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 06:05:29 pm »

Quote from: Nick-T
The readmes don't explicitly say but I would expect that the CF39 would be included.

Nick-T

Thx!

I will give it a go tomorrow. Now I want to get some sleep.

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 11:44:40 pm »

Why dont they state that on their website?  I mean if you look there is no mention of this feature in the latest version of Phocus.

nikf

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 12:33:59 am »

There seems to be something wrong with the combined H-Series body update. I cannot unzip any .cim file.
Phocus doesn't accept the 081222.hbf file and gives out an error ... something about wrong firmware and
using Flexcolor ... In the readme .cim files are specifically mentioned and therefore I think something went wrong
while preparing the file. The update of the back with the other R248.zip file went fine and I could shot with 1600 ISO (H3DII-31).

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 01:00:58 am »

I realize that initially i was at the hasselbladusa site, which did not give me the new firmware download.  Once I found the correct place, I did the following and got the exact same error as you did.
However, if you look at what is updated, the R248 update looks like it contains the same information as the the other hbf file but in addition the iso update as well.  So perhaps you do not need both?
Quote from: nikf
There seems to be something wrong with the combined H-Series body update. I cannot unzip any .cim file.
Phocus doesn't accept the 081222.hbf file and gives out an error ... something about wrong firmware and
using Flexcolor ... In the readme .cim files are specifically mentioned and therefore I think something went wrong
while preparing the file. The update of the back with the other R248.zip file went fine and I could shot with 1600 ISO (H3DII-31).

nikf

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 07:26:22 am »

Quote from: MarkKay
I realize that initially i was at the hasselbladusa site, which did not give me the new firmware download.  Once I found the correct place, I did the following and got the exact same error as you did.
However, if you look at what is updated, the R248 update looks like it contains the same information as the the other hbf file but in addition the iso update as well.  So perhaps you do not need both?
But my camera shows firmware 2.0.1/R248 not 2.1.0 for the body as described in the readme. All seems to work fine though. Does your camera show 2.1.0 for the body?

Robert Moore

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 08:16:16 am »

I believe that both firmware updates are indeed needed. CIM for the back and hbf for the body update. I was unable to get the combined
update to work with either Phocus or Flexcolor both most current versions...although in the readme the hbf update mentions a prior version of
Phocus for the Mac 1.10. I have not downgraded to that version to attempt the upgrade as I assume they mean 1.10 and newer.

My back shows new Iso settings but my body is not upgraded with the CIM version so I assume we need a corrected hbf version.

Bob

Michael HG

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 08:28:43 am »

Quote from: nikf

you need the new phocus release 1.13 which is available on the hasselblad-site now (still with 1.12 you get an error)
with  H3DII-50 it worked properly

Michael

Robert Moore

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 08:47:44 am »

Quote from: Michael HG
you need the new phocus release 1.13 which is available on the hasselblad-site now (still with 1.12 you get an error)

Michael

Just downloaded 1.1.3

Thanks.

Bob

Hass

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 09:10:53 am »

Quote from: Robert Moore
Just downloaded 1.1.3

Thanks.

Bob
Hi:it is nice to hear the news.at same time would you mind offer a pictures use the iso 1600.thank yu

nikf

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 09:58:37 am »

Quote from: Michael HG

Michael

Thank you very much for the hint ... that worked! Camera successfully updated to 2.1.0/R248.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 11:43:47 am »

Damn!      

It doesn't do anything with a CF39 back. I get no ISO800. The firmware installed on both my H2F as well as the CF39 back but I remain at ISO400 max  Anyone else with a CF39 that sees the same thing?

David, does this FW update not cover CF line backs?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:44:06 am by Dustbak »

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 12:43:19 pm »

oh and look at this - The ISO 800 for the H3D-22 - it's not there! - WOW, thats really grand I'm so glad I was promised that a year ago when I bought my H3. The ISO bump was promised for everything back to Imacon backs...really disappointing. Considering that my investment is worth essentially nothing now (no trade in programs anymore), this would be the icing on the cake

Please say it aint so...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:45:37 pm by jimgolden »

Nick-T

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 02:08:49 pm »

Quote from: Toto

Phocus 1.02 for Windows is on the Hasselblad site for download.
Nick-T
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:44:49 pm by Nick-T »

JonTMiller2

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 08:43:10 am »

I don't see this firmware on the hasselblad usa site.  Where will I find it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up